Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He says he will never stop smoking pot.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My husband has a decent paying job. He works 40+ hours a week. When he is home he helps and takes care of the kids.

My only problem is, he is capable of some much more. He could make almost double at this other job he was offered but they drug test. His current job does not.

Would you push your husband to quit smoking and take the higher paying job, or leave him be?

He doesn't drink, doesn't smoke in house or around kids. He says he just uses it as a relaxer.

We make it just fine on our combined income. I work 2-3 days a week. With the increase pay from the other job I could stay home with our 2 yr old and be more avaliable for our 7 yr old.

so my question is....would you push him quitting smoking or just maintain the status quo?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:27 PM

Ouch, tough question.

I'm a huge stoner and advocate of legalization, but if there is truly a wide open door there for professional advancement, I've gotta say I think he needs to put it down for the greater good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM
He cloud stop till they test him, then start again one he's past his probation time at work
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Depends on if he smoked when I married him.  If so, I got what I knew I was getting.  If not, we'd be having some serious discussions about our future.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:34 PM

why not use fake pee

lovebug8526
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:36 PM
U can buy piss in a bag that's what husband uses
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I would have a talk with him. Let him know that it would be better for the family if he stopped smoking to get a better paying job. It's silly to me to miss out simply because they drug test.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)