Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why'd they make his class colour pink ffs? *updated*

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM
  • 60 Replies

DS is upset, it's spirit week and friday they are all dressing their class colours for spirit week and takign a"rainbow" school picture.  He will probably be wearing his uniform.

Well, the school has ds's class attend occasions like this as part of the school (his school is actually private but is housed in the catholic school, like a school within a school).    They assigned his class pink.  A class of 10 special needs boys.  

I don't care if ds wears pink, but the thing is, he doesn't have any pink clothes.  And I doubt the other boys do either.  Why pink???  Perhaps it was just randomly picked?  Or it was the last colour?  idk.

But now I have to figure out a pink shirt for him for friday.  Not sure what I'm going to do and I don't want to buy one.

*********************************Update***********************************

I actually couldn't find a pink shirt, so I dyed a white one with beet peels.

Link to post with dying shirt with beets:

pink beet shirt.

Also, apparently the boys voted for pink.  Go figure.  I asked ds about it, he said they voted on the colours and they all wanted pink except one kid.   

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Yeah odd choice. It's not like there's a ton of pink clothes out there for boys.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I would love that. My favorite Easter shirts for my boys have been purple Ralph Lauren polos one year and pink the next!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Do a cool aid soak on a white shirt. Coolaid is like 17 cents.
My boys wouldn't wear pink. Not even if it was a requirement.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Dye one. If he has white shirt dye it pink. If not buy one. DD had to wear red the other day, she owns nothing red, so I bought her a $5 red shirt. Not a big deal.
kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:06 PM
That is a very odd choice. Maybe soak a white shirt in hot water with a red sock? How old is he? Do you have a pink T shirt that might work?
catcameback
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I don't have kool aid.  I have raspberry jello?  :/  And red food dye.  But I don't have a white t-shirt to dye with it, so idk.

I was going to check the dollar store, they have tshirts there.

Quoting Anonymous: Do a cool aid soak on a white shirt. Coolaid is like 17 cents.

catcameback
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:09 PM

i don't wear pink lol, he's 8.  He does't wear white :/

II don't mind buying one, the problem is it just finished snowng for 14hours straight, travel right now isn't advised.

Quoting kiddycat73: That is a very odd choice. Maybe soak a white shirt in hot water with a red sock? How old is he? Do you have a pink T shirt that might work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:10 PM
What the hell? I want to live where your dollar store is! The most exciting thing mine carries is minced garlic lol

Quoting catcameback:

I don't have kool aid.  I have raspberry jello?  :/  And red food dye.  But I don't have a white t-shirt to dye with it, so idk.

Quoting Anonymous: Do a cool aid soak on a white shirt. Coolaid is like 17 cents.

catcameback
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM

lol, well, minced garlic is pretty exciting!

Quoting Anonymous: What the hell? I want to live where your dollar store is! The most exciting thing mine carries is minced garlic lol

Quoting catcameback:

kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Lol! I would have said the same thing when my son was younger. He is 15 now, and has Polos and button downs in several shades of pink. I thought it was weird at first, but my dad and brother also wear it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)