Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with babies that have milk or other allergies

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM
  • 1 Replies

Ok, so I've posted about this before but now I have a new piece of information that might be helpful to some. 

In the past only some insurance companies and certain policies would cover the high cost of special infant formulas such as Nutramagin or other special formulas. However this has changed. 

I called my insurance company today to see if my daughters formula is covered by my carrier and the rep told me that a law has been passed. If the baby has a medical reason to be on special formula, for example an allergy, by law the insurance company must cover the cost. I'm sure different carriers require documentation from the doctor and forms need to be submitted but it's worth the extra leg work. 

Just in case some are wondering why I'm not nursing my daughter. I nursed her for six months but due to thyroid condition I am unable to produce enough milk, then there's her eczema, my milk was causing her skin to go nuts. The same thing was happening on regular formula, that's why I tried this other one and it has worked. Her skin is no longer oozing.

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there in case it helps someone.

Some moms I know have tried to get help in the past, but this is a new, so if you have been unsuccessful... try again. 

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
yperez0209
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)