Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

at any point you could have said no.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
My husband decided to surprise me with a dinner out. I didn't know this until we showed up at his mom's. When we pulled up he said "since we were coming anyway, I figured mom could spend time with the baby while we go to dinner for an hour or hour and a half. She offered to watch her. Instead of us taking her." so we walked into the house his mom was in a great mood and working on dinner. My daughter needed a nap so we laid her in her play pen while his mom finished up. My husband hugged her and said thank you. We went to the resturaunt about 15 minutes away. This was around 5:30. A little bit later she said "you must be back at 6:15 so I can get a shower and get ready for work." I didn't know she worked that night. Dh said ok and we left right about 6. It was starting to get heavy fog so it started getting harder to see meaning we and everyone else had to drive slowly. So at 6:15 we were trying to go over a bridge. At exactly 6:22 we finally pulled up. Dh knocked on her door and told her we were back. She got snappy and said "about time." well he just walked away and went to the living room. She cane out and said "Trinity needs to eat." and went back to her room to get ready. She came out a bit later bitching about his selfishness. She started yelling at him saying "I told you to wait until Saturday" he said "I didn't hear you. I'm sorry about that. But you said you'd watch her and at any point after I got here you could have said something then. You didn't." he wasn't being a smart ass at all, he was calm the whole time. Then she kept on saying he's selfish and only cares about himself. And that she couldn't even fix herself dinner. My kid is ONE. Put her in her play pen. Or let her sleep like I said. She'd be fine. We got there as soon as we could. He once again apologized. I told him I wanted to go home. So he went to her room and said "were going to go ahead and go. Love you. Bye." so we left. 5 mins later he gets a text saying "now your leaving? Well by to you too. An apology is all I wanted! But do whatever you want." my husband was so upset. He didn't say anything but you can see it in his face. He owns that house she lives in. But because she had no where else to go we live somewhere else and pay more then we should when he owns a place that we could stay. Plus every check he gives her $200 to help pay her bills, yet he's ALWAYS the selfish one. Maybe he shouldn't have done dinner on a night she worked but according to both of them she offered and never said no or seemed upset when we got there. She told him that he just threw our baby on her. He told her she could have said no. She said no she couldn't. He's a bigger person then I could ever be. This isn't the only situation, this has just been one of many over the years this one just really pissed me off. (its hard to give the full effect of how stupid this is over writing, I'm sorry.)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Time to stop helping ungrateful people. But also time to stop thinking that she owes you for what you help her with.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like years of emotional abuse from her. She could've said no but she's passive aggressive and likes to play the victim, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Never ask her for babysitting again. Oh, and the $200 your husband gives her would mysteriously stop. She is ridiculous.

EvaTheDiva2
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like he needs to cut the cord from batshit crazy mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:15 AM
No one said she owed. I was saying she calls him selfish. How is he selfish when he gives what he has to help her?

Quoting Anonymous: Time to stop helping ungrateful people. But also time to stop thinking that she owes you for what you help her with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Yes. Very much so.

Quoting owl0210: It sounds like years of emotional abuse from her. She could've said no but she's passive aggressive and likes to play the victim, right?
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM

There is not much you can do, but complain here. This is between your husband and his mother. I would say that you are not comfortable with her watching your baby in the future though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Yeah, I didn't say anything. Its aggervating. I just wish he'd defend himself. He wont until or unless he snaps and then he may say things he can't take back.

Quoting suzanneyea:

There is not much you can do, but complain here. This is between your husband and his mother. I would say that you are not comfortable with her watching your baby in the future though.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I agree with this. From now on I wouldn't ask her to babysit ever.

Quoting suzanneyea:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Ummm... tell her to take care of herself and get out of your house. That $200 you give her could pay for a babysitter and a night out. Tell her to f off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)