Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your DS to paint his nails?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DD is 4 and loves to have her nails painted. Everytime I do my DS who is 2 always asks to have his nails painted. I usually paint either 1 nail or his toenails. If I do allow him to have his nails painted my MIL always give me hell for it and acts like I'm trying to turn him gay. To me he is 2 and doesnt understand yet that painting your nails is usually something girls do. If he was in school I'd probably be more hesitant to do it but at his age I don't see it as a big deal. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Well my 3yr old son has purple nails right now so I think that means I'm ok with it :) I was doing my nails and my daughter asked to have hers done so I did them. When my son saw his sisters nails he asked for his to be done too; but he was disappointed I didn't have orange nail polish.

AmiJanell
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I paint my son's nails... usually his toes, he doesn't want it on his hands.  I just bought more "boyish" colors for him... he has blue and green

Tell you MIL to grow up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Lol my mil trys to paint my son's nails me and so get pissed. But at 2 I would paint one toe nail...
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Ds 3 wanted me to paint his nails. They've been pink and blue. My grandma thinks he will be gay now. Smh.
mom2jessnky
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

You can't turn someone gay. Your MIL can suck an egg, if he wants his nails done, do them. 

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Yep. My son likes to have his nails painted lol. They are currently orange.
Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM
When I'd paint my toenails Ds would ask me to do his. I use blue and only do his toes and he enjoys it. He even insisted i paint sisters toes, she was only a few months old, that time they were all pink.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5yr old son has super man toes right now. I ALWAYS get shit about especially from my uncle but seriously IT IS PAINT, it WONT turn the kid gay who cares..........

LadyAmaranth
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

If I don't do it neither does he.

So, no because I don't wear it myself.

If I did I might do a nail on each hand to make him feel a part of the group but once in school....No.

bamamommy2009
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am in the same spot my daughter is 4 and my son is 2 and everytime she gets her done he has too... i done it a few times with clear nail polish but DH freaks out... its a no no so I told him if he started doing boy things with him he would not want to join in on girl things...needless to say he has doene some changes and now when we do our nails they go and play cars, or go out and play

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)