Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your DS to paint his nails?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DD is 4 and loves to have her nails painted. Everytime I do my DS who is 2 always asks to have his nails painted. I usually paint either 1 nail or his toenails. If I do allow him to have his nails painted my MIL always give me hell for it and acts like I'm trying to turn him gay. To me he is 2 and doesnt understand yet that painting your nails is usually something girls do. If he was in school I'd probably be more hesitant to do it but at his age I don't see it as a big deal. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
Serabeth06
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I wouldn't paint my DS's nails.

momofthem311
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this
This post has been done so many times, also by me...lol...and to answer your question YES!
I have done painted our sons nails many times and would do it again. My MIL got so angry one day with me for it. I don't give a crap!
It's not gonna make him gay or a sissy or anything other than what he is. Ignorance is so annoying when it comes to things like this.
He's almost 6 by the way and doesn't ever ask unless my daughter or I are doing it. He just wants to be included. Not a damn thing wrong with it!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM

I had a friend in High School (smokin hot dude/totally straight) who painted his fingernails. 

.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

My son bought his own bottle of green polish. You can promise your MIL that he can't catch the gay from paint.

ETA: One of DS assistant TKD instructors made fun of DS.... my 6 year old asked him if he needed a closer look at his toenails, and kicked him in the face.... it was a little epic. Little dude doens't get made fun of anymore for his green nail polish.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:07 PM
No, but because he won't sit still long enough and smears it every where. When he's a little older and can chill out (he's 3), then sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. Hes not a girl. He has no business doing that
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM

doesn't matter to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I won't paint my sons nails but I wouldn't paint my daughters nails either. I think that nail polish is something for older children. Under ten years old and my kids won't be wearing any make up, nail polish, or extreme haircuts. After ten; it'll be up for consideration based on maturity and what exactly they're wanting.
kam0011
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Sure I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:09 PM
4 moms liked this
Nope. Not even if he asked, which he doesn't because it's for girls and there's nothing wrong with there being a difference in boys and girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)