Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow your DS to paint his nails?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DD is 4 and loves to have her nails painted. Everytime I do my DS who is 2 always asks to have his nails painted. I usually paint either 1 nail or his toenails. If I do allow him to have his nails painted my MIL always give me hell for it and acts like I'm trying to turn him gay. To me he is 2 and doesnt understand yet that painting your nails is usually something girls do. If he was in school I'd probably be more hesitant to do it but at his age I don't see it as a big deal. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Replies (31-40):
LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
No. My boys don't have any interest in it anyways but even if they did, I wouldn't paint their nails.
kadensmomma0708
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Ive painted my sons toes twice.  Both times he saw me doing it. the second time he cried that he didnt want an "at too" (tattoo) anymore like mommy lol...He hasnt asked again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM
I used to paint my nephews nails all the time. He would beg me to do so. He quit one day after he begged a ton and I painted them. He went to school the next day and found out that it isn't done.

Me, my mom, and his mom all tried to tell him.

I did have his mom's permission to do so.

I will paint my boys nails clear. But no colors because their dad doesn't like it. He is ok with clear though.
3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Yep, I painted my son's toenails because he asked when I was painting his sister's. He was five at the time. No big deal.

paigea
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:11 PM

No, I wouldn't have painted my son's nails.

But then I've never painted my own or my daughters.  LOL so, I never had any nail polish.

I like natural everything.  Don't like painted nails on anyone.

Lovemy02Boys
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM
5 moms liked this

No I would never paint my son's nails... "Train up a child in the way he should go" Proverbs 22:6. Just sayin!:)

MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope why would I. He's a boy .
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My four year old son currently has blue, glittery fingernails and toenails. I don't see the problem :)

J.M.O.
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I used to paint my sons nails when he asked. He's now 10 & doesn't want to any more. Your MIL is crazy if she thinks that will 'turn him gay'.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:13 PM

If he wanted to paint them, sure.

But then...my DH paints his nails on occassion as well, so it's not something that's odd in this household.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN