Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so sick of this

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM
  • 15 Replies
I'm so sick of my husband and I working our assesoff and getting no where. Every week we struggle trying to pay the bills while working full time jobs. My husband works 40 hours a week outside the home and I work 50+ hours inside the home (home daycare) I coupon to help save money I also have started going to the food bank seeing as how we are $5 over income to get food stamps. How do you all get through each month without being in the negative?
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont have cable, internet, smart phone, dont drink, dont smoke, dont do drugs, dont go out.  I dont buy expensive things.  I buy clothes lots on ebay.  I think not doing all of those things saves a lot of money.  I own a home and my 8 year old goes to a private school has dance lessons. I am able to save each month. 

momof3boys14
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:41 PM
We just got cable and internet after 7 yrs of not having it...it was a good price to start with but it keeps going up and even though I wasn't under a contract I was under an agreement of some kind is what I was told when I called to cancel :( we don't drink smoke or party but we have 3 boys the 2 older ones are in sports. I only buy clothes from goodwill or yardaale or ebay. My war is almost paid for so that will help greatly the payment is only $130 I just qasnt to live without worry!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont have cable, internet, smart phone, dont drink, dont smoke, dont do drugs, dont go out.  I dont buy expensive things.  I buy clothes lots on ebay.  I think not doing all of those things saves a lot of money.  I own a home and my 8 year old goes to a private school has dance lessons. I am able to save each month. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope my reply didnt offend you.  I am not implying you do all of these things.  I just often hear certain people say its hard but they have this 600 dollar phone and a 150 monthly plan.  With 150 I can pay my gas & electric. For entertainment we bake at home or watch movies.  We either rent at the local family video or watch whats on TV.  I would like to coupon but it seems very time consuming. You run a day care that is a 24 hour job isnt it?  I hope things get better for you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I only use the net at work lol.  The sports and activities add up.  I have 2 girls.  Between daycare and tuition there isnt much room.  I cut wherever I can.  It is hard sometimes.  Im a really cheap person.  I have worn the same boots for the past 3 years.  I found them on sale for 8 dollars in the kids section. 

Quoting momof3boys14: We just got cable and internet after 7 yrs of not having it...it was a good price to start with but it keeps going up and even though I wasn't under a contract I was under an agreement of some kind is what I was told when I called to cancel :( we don't drink smoke or party but we have 3 boys the 2 older ones are in sports. I only buy clothes from goodwill or yardaale or ebay. My war is almost paid for so that will help greatly the payment is only $130 I just qasnt to live without worry!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

mom2devin11005
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:47 PM

the only thing I can think of are.... what do your rates look like compared to other local daycares? Is it possible to raise your rates slightly to help relieve some stress?

momof3boys14
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Oh lord no you didn't offend me at all! I appreciate your reply :) My daycare is 10 hours a day 7-5:30. But of course when they leave its time to clean , homework baths supper sports and bed Hahaha . I have straight talk phone so it's only $45 a month I don't know how people do those $400 cell phone bills!!! As far as coupons I buy mine off ebay that I know I will either get free or very cheap. I don't spend more than $6.00a week and sometimes nothing a week...I don't have time to sit and clip anymore and since having baby #3 I don't get ti go near as often as I used to :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope my reply didnt offend you.  I am not implying you do all of these things.  I just often hear certain people say its hard but they have this 600 dollar phone and a 150 monthly plan.  With 150 I can pay my gas & electric. For entertainment we bake at home or watch movies.  We either rent at the local family video or watch whats on TV.  I would like to coupon but it seems very time consuming. You run a day care that is a 24 hour job isnt it?  I hope things get better for you. 

momof3boys14
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM
I actually started asking them to bring their own lunches or pay more 2 bring their own and one pays $25 more a week and brings his own milk and juice

Quoting mom2devin11005:

the only thing I can think of are.... what do your rates look like compared to other local daycares? Is it possible to raise your rates slightly to help relieve some stress?

momof3boys14
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Haha sounds like me!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I only use the net at work lol.  The sports and activities add up.  I have 2 girls.  Between daycare and tuition there isnt much room.  I cut wherever I can.  It is hard sometimes.  Im a really cheap person.  I have worn the same boots for the past 3 years.  I found them on sale for 8 dollars in the kids section. 

Quoting momof3boys14: We just got cable and internet after 7 yrs of not having it...it was a good price to start with but it keeps going up and even though I wasn't under a contract I was under an agreement of some kind is what I was told when I called to cancel :( we don't drink smoke or party but we have 3 boys the 2 older ones are in sports. I only buy clothes from goodwill or yardaale or ebay. My war is almost paid for so that will help greatly the payment is only $130 I just qasnt to live without worry!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM
I guess I got lucky and went to school and found a good career, and found a husband who had done the same before starting a family. We all have different roads, travel yours the best you can.
momof3boys14
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:19 PM
We both did as well. Before I started my daycare I was a back office assistant at a Orthopaedic center but when I had my third child I decided it would be best to stay home till he started school because daycare for 3 kids wouldn't leave anything left in my paycheck. I am thankful to be home with them and still make a little money but sometimes I feel like such a failure. When my youngest starts school I'm hoping to get on at the school system as a parapro.

Quoting olliesmommy2: I guess I got lucky and went to school and found a good career, and found a husband who had done the same before starting a family. We all have different roads, travel yours the best you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)