Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When it rains, it pours..feeling defeated. Needing some positive thoughts/vibes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

SO..we've been behind in bills/rent for the past month. My husband just started a new job and things were looking better. I stay home with our 8 month old and two stepkids (every other week) and just started my own business from home. We share a car and have relied on this vehicel to get him to & from work. On his way to work this morning, the transmission went and he is now in jeopardy of losing his job if he misses 3 days in a row. We don't have the money/credit to get another car. I've posted numerous ads on craigslist&facebook for an afforable car. It was also payday today and we rely on my husbands paycheck to live & he has no way to get it. We are in a tough situation bc we are not from here so have no close friends or family around to help us. My 8 month old is sick, as am I , and now my husband. I am feeling tired, run down, and defeated. I know I am stronger than this but at the moment, I'm not feeling it. I'm having a hard time staying positive and keeping my husband positive. He thinks we will soon lose everything and I'm terrified for our family, esp my baby. Positive comments only please.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piercedbeauty21
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Everything will fall into place for you. You just gotta do the best you can to push through (hugs)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

Everything will fall into place for you. You just gotta do the best you can to push through (hugs)

Thank you! I hope so. I keep telling myself that. It's always hard to see when you're in it, I guess. Somehow, someway, things have to work out for us.

MommyMays
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:58 PM
I am sorry. There are no magical words I can say to make things better. Just know I an praying for you.

With income taxes coming in soon, maybe you can figure something out.
Mom-to-2kids
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

is there public transportation? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Can he take a bus to work?

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM

It can only go up from here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubsy
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

This too shall pass. I know it's so hard to see that in the moment, but try your best to stay strong, and to not forget that there will come a day when this time is only a memory, and things will be better! Sending lots of positive energy, and good thoughts your way!

CafeMom Tickers
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a passage in the Bible, (Habakkuk, I believe)--that says when things are at their worst (paraphrasing)--that's when you should sing and praise the loudest.  Call upon God, and He will hear and answer your prayers.  Find comfort and strength in His word.  >>>..praying for you.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Can he stay closer to work or ride with someone until you get it figured out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Apply for cash assistant and fs get government help and see if your neighbor ca take him to work and pay them a little of money. Ask for help do whatever u can as of u r losing everything today. What state do u live in? Ask family to wire u some money ( borrow). Everything will be ok. Cheer up hugs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN