Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When it rains, it pours..feeling defeated. Needing some positive thoughts/vibes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

SO..we've been behind in bills/rent for the past month. My husband just started a new job and things were looking better. I stay home with our 8 month old and two stepkids (every other week) and just started my own business from home. We share a car and have relied on this vehicel to get him to & from work. On his way to work this morning, the transmission went and he is now in jeopardy of losing his job if he misses 3 days in a row. We don't have the money/credit to get another car. I've posted numerous ads on craigslist&facebook for an afforable car. It was also payday today and we rely on my husbands paycheck to live & he has no way to get it. We are in a tough situation bc we are not from here so have no close friends or family around to help us. My 8 month old is sick, as am I , and now my husband. I am feeling tired, run down, and defeated. I know I am stronger than this but at the moment, I'm not feeling it. I'm having a hard time staying positive and keeping my husband positive. He thinks we will soon lose everything and I'm terrified for our family, esp my baby. Positive comments only please.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Replies (11-13):
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:11 PM
I couldn't have said it any better.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family.

Quoting mjgm1966:

There is a passage in the Bible, (Habakkuk, I believe)--that says when things are at their worst (paraphrasing)--that's when you should sing and praise the loudest.  Call upon God, and He will hear and answer your prayers.  Find comfort and strength in His word.  >>>..praying for you.

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:14 PM

how far is he from work? has he offered co-workers $$ to take him to and from work?

Do they have Public Transit? Cabs?

In everyone life a little darkness must come , you just have to keep going to get to the light.

Don't let these things get you down, instead of feeling overwhelmed find solutions.

RonaH
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Cheap rental car? I would put as much on hold as I could to try and get him to work, maybe a nearby coworker? I wish you the best ive been there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN