Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some kid is making fun of kid's lunches.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
2 moms liked this

I make stews, chilis, pasta dishes ect. a lot from scratch because ds loves them.  I send them for his lunches with 2 snacks, a type of fruit and something sweet, either homemade rice pudding, or yogurt.  Sometimes it's crackers, or some cheese, or pretzels.   And of course, a juice box.  I also put in a little note everyday.  Just a simple, "I love you."  "Be your best" or "Keep on being amazing".  You get the idea. 

So anyhow.  I made spaghetti squash with red sauce and cheese today for dinner.  Like usual, I made extra so ds can take it to school with him.  He asked me what I packed, I told him.  Spaghetti squash, watermelon pieces and some yogurt in a tupperware container.  He said "oh, Dante is going to make fun of me again."

I asked why, ds said "because he always does when you send lunches like that."    huh?  

So I asked him, " well what does Dante bring to school for lunch?"  He told me sandwiches.  

Now there is nothing wrong with sending sandwiches to school, I do it too!  Heck, there is nothing wrong with doing it everyday even.  But this kid is picking on ds.  So I told him "The next time he picks on you for having homemade lunches, tell him 'at least my mom loves me enough to make me a lunch and not just send boring sandwiches everyday'"

ETA

I think it is weird as hell I have to say this...  But I am not packing a second lunch for this random kid.  Why in god's name would I feed someone else's child???  That is not my responsibility.  He has a mother, she can feed him.  I work very hard to earn money to provide the food my son and I want to eat.  My kitchen is not a charity soup kitchen.  

Also, if I was sending sandwiches for lunch and my kid was being a derp and being mean to a kid for having homemade lunches and I found out the mom started sending lunch for my kid I would be PISSED.

First off, I don't want strangers feeding my kid.  Secondly, I would not want my kid rewarded for acting like a jerk.  There is nothing wrong with sandwiches for lunch. NOTHING.  And I would not want my ungrateful envious kid getting his own way by acting out and picking on others.  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:03 PM

BUMP!

jatctt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:04 PM
3 moms liked this
That kid is jealous, those lunches sound awesome.
aurorabear
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
4 moms liked this

Or you could just teach him kindness and pack some extra pasta to share with Dante...... With the okay from the teacher due to allergies. 

Free Fitness Coaching, Great Motivation, Nutrition Plans, Workout advice, And Much More

Beachbody Central- Workout, Get In Shape, Lose Some Weight

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Dante sounds jealous as hell. That comeback is perfect ;)

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
16 moms liked this

I was with you until that last part. Turning your son into a bully isn't going to solve the problem. Ever think that the other boy is jealous and your son saying that might just make things worse.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I would do. Little shit.

Nickie76
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Def. This...

Quoting jatctt: That kid is jealous, those lunches sound awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM

perhaps.  Not sure what I can do about that though.

Quoting jatctt: That kid is jealous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM
4 moms liked this

A snappy comeback makes a kid a bully now?

Are you freaking kidding me? Please tell me you aren't that oversensitive?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I was with you until that last part. Turning your son into a bully isn't going to solve the problem. Ever think that the other boy is jealous and your son saying that might just make things worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't feed other people's children.  I work hard to be able to afford the food we like for ds and I.  He is not my responsibility.  And I will certainly not be teaching my kid to suck up to people who treat him badly.

Quoting aurorabear:

Or you could just teach him kindness and pack some extra pasta to share with Dante......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)