Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you think ADHD is not real...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 348 Replies
1 mom liked this
I invite you to come spend a few hours at my house.
I bet you will change your mind. Lol!

My 8 yo ds is SOooooo hyper . And it's only 5am, been up since 4:15am.
Sometimes I wish this was a result of my parenti g- that would be so easy to change.
But to have this boy standing right in front of me jumping out of his skin,and his heart is racing- for no reason. I feel for him.
And no amount of physical exercise helps.
We are currently going through his 4th evaluation for a medication adjustment. We can not do stimulants- it makes him more hyper. I am hoping when we increase his med a bit it helps take the edge off for him. I feel so bad for him.
His energy level and lack of focus does effect every aspect of his life, even while he is playing basketball - his fav.

It's going to be a long day!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:47 AM
Yea. I used to think that. And then I had my middle dd.
MaiVal
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:49 AM
6 moms liked this

My 4 year old has all the energy in the world and no attention span. Do i think he has adhd? No. He is a high energy BOY. He is much different than the girls. They are into much different things, he just wants to get out and play. I have 2 girls and my son, Addi. I have a boy on the way, i doubt he will be much different! I know so many moms who have girls and boys, and they have acted the same. I will not medicate my son. 

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:55 AM
15 moms liked this
I do believe in ADHD but I think it's ridiculously over diagnosed. However I don't belive in ODD.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:00 AM
4 moms liked this
I wish getting out and playing was enough for my boy. When it interferes with every aspect of life, the best thing for them is to medicate.
I agree so many medicate when it's not needed. But when it comes to the basics of daily function at home and school- I don't feel it's a choice.

Quoting MaiVal:

My 4 year old has all the energy in the world and no attention span. Do i think he has adhd? No. He is a high energy BOY. He is much different than the girls. They are into much different things, he just wants to get out and play. I have 2 girls and my son, Addi. I have a boy on the way, i doubt he will be much different! I know so many moms who have girls and boys, and they have acted the same. I will not medicate my son. 

KyahZia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Different folks different strokes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel for you my son is 11 and had adhd we tried everything we could not to mediate him until a about a month ago. I am happy to see improvement in school but at night well there are some days I just can't take it.
Anthonys_mommy1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My youngest just started behavioral therapy for adhd. All of this doctors and therapists believe he is adhd but we need the tests to confirm it. We did the bloodwork on sat and we have ekgs set up for next week. The neurologist works there at the clinic so I dont need to see a separate doctor. Im really hoping we figure out whats bugging my little man out and get him the correct help asap. He starts kindergarten in sept.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Yes, today is one of Those days. I daydream of getting myself a hotel room. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: I feel for you my son is 11 and had adhd we tried everything we could not to mediate him until a about a month ago. I am happy to see improvement in school but at night well there are some days I just can't take it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:22 AM
25 moms liked this
There is a huge difference between 'boy' behavior and ADHD. It is an enormous insult to both your child and kids diagnosed with ADHD to imply that it is the same thing. Also, it gives no explanation for girls with ADHD.
I've taught preschool classes and you can easily point out children who are high energy vs children with ADHD. It is NOT the sane thing.

Quoting MaiVal:

beco8627
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM
How do you usually notice the difference?

Quoting Anonymous: There is a huge difference between 'boy' behavior and ADHD. It is an enormous insult to both your child and kids diagnosed with ADHD to imply that it is the same thing. Also, it gives no explanation for girls with ADHD.

I've taught preschool classes and you can easily point out children who are high energy vs children with ADHD. It is NOT the sane thing.

Quoting MaiVal:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)