Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SPOKE TOO SOON!!!**THE FINALE, I HOPE**I GOT IT**~HELP!!~**UPDATE**i'm beyond overwhelmed with anxiety i think my heart may pop

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 175 Replies

I had posted a couple months back with pics of poop that I had found in my bath tub and some of you had mentioned that it was from a rodent. that same night I had set traps in hopes that I would catch something. I notified the front office and they said that the complex didnt have any rodents and believed them because I hadn't seen anymore poop, nor had I caught anything. well, tonight that changed. I sat on my recliner to watch tv and I saw it run out from behind my tv stand and behind the couch. I almost froze in fear along with my stomach twisting in knots. I got up and set all the extra traps I had where it came out from.

some of you might be thinking that I need to grow up and get over it, but I can't. I just can't. I am terrified. I don't know where it could have come in from and I vacuum and mop daily to prevent things like this.

my anxiety level is through the roof and I don't know if I'll sleep tonight. yes, I know I seem silly, but the fear and anxiety are getting the best of me.

**UPDATE: I picked up a lady this morning to help me clean my place. I left to run some errands and to complain at the front office. I told them if I caught something and I would take pleasure in bringing it in to them. Well, while I was out they sent someone in to check my place out. The lady called me and said that it was best I didnt return for a while cuz she was going to scrub the place down and didnt want the kids to get into any of that. She said that when they moved the dishwasher, they found a huge hole in the wall and a nest of random things it picked up. She said that it looked like it would just come in to use my place to poop and then leave back outside.

they patched up the hole and now I'm hoping mickey was out on an errand too cuz if not, they patched it and he's still my roommate. -__=

**2nd UPDATE:  Here i thought i was in the clear and rodent free, that isn't the case at all! mickey is still my roommate and i haven't been able to catch him with anything!!  I woke up this morning and almost stepped on a glue trap, the effer left it at my bedroom door! he moved it out from behind the couch!! I don't know what to do anymore! what can i do?!?! Any advice ladies??!?!

**3rd UPDATE:  I CAUGHT IT!!  I left an unbaited (sp?) glue trap behind my couch and it somehow ended up outside my bedroom door.  thank god i had my door closed.  i saw it stuck there and for a split second i felt sorry but then when my son saw it and wanted to touch it, i knew it was go time.  the whole time i was trying to get it out the front door i kept shaking and cussing under my breath.  and i could hear dd3 from my bedroom coaching me saying that i could do it and asking if i was ok lol.  i got it out.  i should be relieved, but i'm not.  that little guy wasn't the one i saw run out from behind my tv stand last friday night.

**4th UPDATE: It's over and done with (knock on wood).  I haven't seen any signs of any more excpet for that first and only one i caught. i am finally rid of this nightmare and can sleep easy at night now.  I'm still leaving out fresh bait every night just in case.  i am forever traumatized lol.

thanks to all you ladies for the awesome ideas!! and not to mention to those who shared their own stories, thanks for the extra nightmares at night lol.

**5th UPDATE:  don't know if anyone cares or is following on this, but it's therapy for me.  i spoke too soon on yesterday's update.  my sister was over with her kids for dinner and she screamed and said she something run underneath the recliner.  she checked with the flashlight and didn't see anything.  i called maintenance and they showed up 20 mins later.  the man flipped my couches and the recliner and felt around to see if he felt something or if it would run out, and nothing.  he went into the kitchen and moved and checked behind the appliances, and nothing.  then i asked him to screw in my cable plate, so he went out to the truck to get a screw driver and some screws.  when he came back in i tried settling the kids back down but heard a whole bunch of comotion in the living room.  i opened my bedroom door and saw the man throwing my couches around because he saw minnie!  he tried to step on it (super grossed out about the idea of the clean-up on that) and then it ran under my other couch, and when he flipped it, it went straight behind my tv stand.  he surrounded the tv stand with heavy duty glue traps and moved it.  he grabbed a flashlight and saw it in the corner.  he coaxed it out with a stick and got it caught.  again, i thought it was over and done with, but last night i heard squeaking...this morning i flipped the couches and saw a missing trap.  it was face down under my other one! i'm scared to admit that they might be living in my couches :(  im so ready to throw them out!! i just want this whole nightmare to end!!!  march 22nd (end of lease/move out date) can't get here soon enough!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM
damn phone posted anon. this is posted by arimaur. Bump
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I am sorry, I wish I had advice but here's a hug and a bump :(

Charlie557
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:11 PM

You are not alone. When the weather turned, there was one that got into our ground floor apartment (well the only one I SAW). I about jumped out of my skin when I saw it. Nasty little creatures.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Yea since its been snowing....we've seen one or 2 in our duplex. Yuck I hate mice!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:12 PM
thanks. dont mind me if I linger a bit and breakdown on your shoulder.

Quoting Lauriemom:

I am sorry, I wish I had advice but here's a hug and a bump :(

ardan85
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Dryer sheets are suppose to keep them away if the are placed like in cabinets or the perimeter of the rooms. I would be the same as you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Umm, you're not being silly at all! Who wouldn't be scared if there was a rodent running free in their home?!
texasgirl77
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM
What exactly are you afraid of? I totally understand not liking having a rodent in your home, and I do understand anxiety (I have an anxiety disorder) but the key is to understand what you're afraid of and figure out what you need to do from there.

I had a rodent living in my car (apparently it wanted a warmer winter home) and I haven't set foot in my car for two weeks except to set traps. Caught a large mouse and a normal sized mouse, and that's it. So now I'm going to have my car cleaned out and checked for more!
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I would feel the same way!! I'm freaking out for you...I hate rodents, and I would NOT be able to sleep in a place where I saw one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I think I left my skin in the living room :(

Quoting Charlie557:

You are not alone. When the weather turned, there was one that got into our ground floor apartment (well the only one I SAW). I about jumped out of my skin when I saw it. Nasty little creatures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)