Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We had a close call. :( Video page 7.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM
  • 275 Replies
1 mom liked this
SD was playing with Raymond. I took advantage of her asking to take him in the other room and play because I had some things to do. I guess she got tired of playing with him and just sat him down in the living room where her brother was playing video games. She then went off Ito do other things.

I was sitting on my bed doing some work on my computer and Raymond was crawling to the top of the stairs about to go down. He tries to go down the stairs by laying sideways and rolling. He was inches away. It would have been awful.

I just remember screaming, "The baby!" My foot got tangled in my computer cord and I was falling trying to get loose. I got to him in time though.

At first I was really angry because I was so scared, but she is young and made a mistake. She realizes now that you cannot pass off a baby without making sure he is truly in the care of someone else.
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Are you okay?
wamom223
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM
9 moms liked this

You should get a gate with a door for the top of the stairs for your peace of mind.  My son fell down the stairs once and I dived down after him and of course then he was fine and I was jacked up.  I'm glad you had a close call and not something worse.  

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Omg, that is so scary!  Glad he didn't go down the stairs mama.

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Yes, I'm still feeling very uneasy considering we already have one child with a lifetime disability due to a fall down some stairs. My stomach feels sick.

Quoting ColleenF30: Are you okay?
Mommie_2_Boys
by Steph on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Glad all is well. So scary :-( are you ok?
mich2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Aw, yikes. :( Glad he's ok.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Stairway approved baby gate?
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh wow, scary! So glad you saw him! I think I'm going to install gates before N can crawl.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Oh wow, thankfully no one was physically hurt. Has your heart stopped racing yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM
The stairs have a door that I stay on them to keep closed. We can't use gates in our house. Anyway, one of the kids left the door open enough that Raymond pulled it open. That's the only way I even noticed him there.

Quoting wamom223:

You should get a gate with a door for the top of the stairs for your peace of mind.  My son fell down the stairs once and I dived down after him and of course then he was fine and I was jacked up.  I'm glad you had a close call and not something worse.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured