Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

baby shower help.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
So im throwing a surprise baby shower for my SIL whos 7 months pregnant with twin boys ( Karter and Kayden). Both of our husbands are deployed but will be home around the same time for the shower (2nd surprise. So ladies what kind of things would you like to see if you attended the baby shower. Any themes, foods, games /prizes for the games. Lol yes this is my first time hosting a shower if you couldn't tell lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Are they both boys or boy girl twins? Sorry Kayden is ambiguous.
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I have to throw one in March.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Well if it was me I would love a Disney theme. Finger foods are good chips dip finger sandwiches. I am no help with games I find shower games to be boring lol
ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Whats her nursery going to be?

And finger foods as food. Chips, preztels, cheese. Meats, veggies, fruits. Maybe some meatball/sloppy joes. Lots to drink. Maybe whatever shes been craving the most. Cake/cupcake.

Get a bunch of different candy bars smash em up and put them in the diapers make ppl guess. Same with baby food. Have a a jar or something for tips for the new parents.
ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Can you read? It says twin boys.

Quoting Anonymous: Are they both boys or boy girl twins? Sorry Kayden is ambiguous.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Hershey bars with the word HE colored in blue is cute

Maybe a game to see who knows the mamma to be best? (other than her mom maybe)

Take toilet paper roll or streamer & ask each guest to tear off how much they think it will take to go around mamma's belly

Do an unscramle worksheet.... take baby items (i.e. pacifier, blanket, bassinet) & scramble the letters then have everyone do the worksheet (make it timed to give everyone the same amount of time)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I guess my brain paraphrased asshole.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Can you read? It says twin boys.

Quoting Anonymous: Are they both boys or boy girl twins? Sorry Kayden is ambiguous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Both are boys

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Very fun games! I had the baby food one at my 5th baby shower! I knew almost every single one of them! 

Another game is give everyone a clothespin- if anyone says the word baby then whoever hears it has to take a clothespin. The person with the most at the end of the shower wins a prize.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Whats her nursery going to be?

And finger foods as food. Chips, preztels, cheese. Meats, veggies, fruits. Maybe some meatball/sloppy joes. Lots to drink. Maybe whatever shes been craving the most. Cake/cupcake.

Get a bunch of different candy bars smash em up and put them in the diapers make ppl guess. Same with baby food. Have a a jar or something for tips for the new parents.

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Wow, rude.  Maybe she missed that by reading quickly.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Can you read? It says twin boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)