Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms that run! c'mere

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:36 AM
  • 29 Replies

I'm looking into new running shoes. Which ones do you have? Do you love them? Expensive?

Also do any of you have Nike Shox? I'm looking into them...
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
runinpinkshoes
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I don't have nike shox - is that a type of shoe?

My favorite running shoes are Nike Pegasus. I run quite a lot so I went to a running store that recommends the right shoe for you based on running style.
suzanneyea
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM

I like a flatter shoe

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I've always headed that Nike's are too heavy...especially the shox. I've never owned the shox buy I had a pair if reg Nike and they did seem heavier. I just bought a pair of Asics that are awesome...and I finally broke down and got as wide size. Omg! I finally know what its like to feel good in shoes haha..I don't know why I waited so long. Stupid feet!
NikiP1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Yes they are a type of shoe. I've recently started running on the road again. I miss the high of a good run!

We don't have stores around here that make recommendations. But thank you!
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Nike shocks are horrible to run in too heavy. They have a nice running shoe I got it's very light. $130 at Hibbits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
j3st3r
by Jedi on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
I do t like nike shoes. I run in Asic Gel Cumulus. About $120. I want the Adidas Energy Boost shoes, but they're $150.

Go to a running shoe store to get your feet and gait evaluated. It helps!
heatherh610
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
I love my Asics and double the suggestion to have a running store fit you on a pair of shoes. A good store will take the time to look at your stride, foot and ask about your running habits to get you into just the right shoe with no additional charge.
NikiP1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
I learned my lesson when I started dealing with stress fractures lol! All I've ever used to run were nikes so maybe I'm used to the weight.
Roo1234
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM
I would suggest finding a running sour in your area. Ones that sell shoes will often have someone who can assess your running style and recommend the best style of shoe for you. Just because a particular shoe brand/style works great for one person doesn't mean that it is the best for your stride.

The right shoe is berry important to your success and enjoyment, nit to mention preventing injuries
NikiP1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)