Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is it some people can't help but cheat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
It doesn't matter who I'm married to or dating, how wonderful they are, how attentive or amazing is bed they are I'm going to cheat. It's so bad I just stay single to avoid the drama.

What do you think is wrong with me?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Sexaholic? Idk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM
You don't know how to really love someone..mind, body, and soul. Because if you did, you wouldn't cheat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Obviously not. I feel like I love people. Oddly enough I'm a very sensitive and caring person.. I do a lot of charity work and help with donations when I can. I just suck at relationships

Quoting Anonymous: You don't know how to really love someone..mind, body, and soul. Because if you did, you wouldn't cheat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Humans as a species are not monogamous. Truly monogamous species pick one mate and stay with it for life.

That said, many people happily choose monogamy. But some just don't seem to be fulfilled by this.

As to why you keep getting cheated on, you may be picking the wrong men and/or doing things that make it easy for them to cheat. (Not saying it's your fault at all though).

Eta: oops I read it as you keep getting cheated on. Maybe you're just not fulfilled by one man?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Sex addict? Afraid of commitment? Abandonment issues? Self esteem issues? All of the above? Nine of the above? Hey at least you stay single instead of hurting someone. But some people don't believe in monogamy so maybe you could find a person interested in an open relationship , that way you won't be cheating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Adrenaline, probably. And boredom of sameness. No telling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I've never been cheated on (to my knowledge)

Quoting Anonymous: Humans as a species are not monogamous. Truly monogamous species pick one mate and stay with it for life.

That said, many people happily choose monogamy. But some just don't seem to be fulfilled by this.

As to why you keep getting cheated on, you may be picking the wrong men and/or doing things that make it easy for them to cheat. (Not saying it's your fault at all though).

Eta: oops I read it as you keep getting cheated on. Maybe you're just not fulfilled by one man?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its a personal issue...meaning g self esteem and seeking validation elsewhere. I think that people want to feel desired and loved and for some people, one person is just not enough. And let's be honest...after being with someone for awhile, shit can change so instead if trying to fix the current one its easier to seek instant gratification outside of the relationship.

Be prepare to get called a whore and a slut, by the way...I've never cheated and have been with my dh for 9 years, but I can see how it happens and really believe that most people who cheat, don't do it because the other person was just "so hot they couldn't keep their hands off of them!" But rather, it was the way they made them feel.

Plus, I honestly don't think humans are naturally monogamous. I think we make that decision and should stick with it, and we seek and yearn for stability and companionship, but sexually I don't believe we are hard wired to seek one and only one. I'll probably get yelled at for this answer haha.. oh well.
Lyssa03
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Because you don't really know you yet. I had the same issue. I figured out myself, then found an amazing man. Been faithful the entire time. 5.5 years.

Quoting Anonymous: Obviously not. I feel like I love people. Oddly enough I'm a very sensitive and caring person.. I do a lot of charity work and help with donations when I can. I just suck at relationships

Quoting Anonymous: You don't know how to really love someone..mind, body, and soul. Because if you did, you wouldn't cheat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You lack self esteem so you screw the relationship up before you can be rejected. I am sure there are deeper issues, but this is usually the gist when it comes to chronic cheaters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN