Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Facebook doesn't lie! Why would you keep lying!?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You know when you're sending messages on Facebook and they reply and it says "sent from ..." ??

Okay well this girl is trying to say she was not where Facebook said she was but rather over 200 miles away! Why would it not only lie but effectively trace her back home town to town from where she said she was not?

Ok I realize it can be wrong like one time but how is it , it would accurately trace her from the city back home right timing and everything. I mean she would be in one town and then the next town in exactly the amount if time it would take her to drive there
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Mine always post that I am near Nashville. I live in Knoxville
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Facebook is not always accurate- now if she had a comp phone and hasn't disabled Siri building her favorite places- it will give you a breakdown of exactly where she has been, for how long each stop, how often she has been there etc--
Howardx5
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Yep. Fb always says I am someplace I'm not. *shrug*

Quoting Anonymous: It can happen. I was sitting in my house and fb said I was 3 towns over.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Well if she quit, she can't get unemployment. Unless she proves hostile work environment. But that's chancy. So watch what you say/do.

What have you found out so far?

Quoting Anonymous: I'm still investigating. She quit but keeps messaging saying she will file unemployment

Quoting baquick: Is this the car post? Did you find out if she took the explorer to OKC?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Really? How?

Quoting Anonymous: Facebook is not always accurate- now if she had a comp phone and hasn't disabled Siri building her favorite places- it will give you a breakdown of exactly where she has been, for how long each stop, how often she has been there etc--
slashteddy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I've seen it happen many times. There are memes about it. I have a friend who went on a rant one day because every time she posted it said she was in Quebec. We'd last seen each other a couple of hours past; to get to Quebec from Kentucky in two hours is impossible. :p
kaycersmom
by Katie on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM
A sign you should quit fb stalking her? Lol
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Mine always says I'm in a city 2 hours away. Always.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM
She said she got fired because the schedule was changed and she got upset and quit. But I'm not texting her now she is texting me. The only "proof" we have that she lied is Facebook.

Quoting baquick: Well if she quit, she can't get unemployment. Unless she proves hostile work environment. But that's chancy. So watch what you say/do.

What have you found out so far?

Quoting Anonymous: I'm still investigating. She quit but keeps messaging saying she will file unemployment

Quoting baquick: Is this the car post? Did you find out if she took the explorer to OKC?
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Mine never says where I am. Last night it said a city outside Detroit, over 900 miles from me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)