Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM and food stamps s/o

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 319 Replies
3 moms liked this
So in the other post she wanted to know how can a sahm on pa justify staying home. I asked a question if she was talking about all form of pa or just food stamps. I never got an answer.
So my question do you want people to justify all form or just food stamps. And if all form. That would include food stamps, wic, government housing, Medicaid, eic . Ect...

Why would someone have to justify their decisions for it to be trashed. Or eic, Medicaid and wic. Would you really expect a mom to choose to not be a sahm simply because their family get eic. Or Medicaid or wic? Food stamps I could really understand, government housing as well but the income limits are higher for eic, wic and Medicaid. You can still make decent money and qualify for the programs.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danie24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM
16 moms liked this

People are ridiculous.

A lot of SAHMs aren't working because it's too costly to work.

Child care, gas or cab fair, etc. takes the entire pay check so it isn't worth it at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I agree. I worked a job I had to quit because my child care back out on me.While I don't get food stamps. But I picked up my check and for 2 weeks I made $352. I looked at my dh and said it Isn't worth worry about how my kids are going to be home alone and he'd agreed.

Quoting danie24:

People are ridiculous.

Child care, gas or cab fair, etc. takes the entire pay check so it isn't worth it at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Bump
ElyseFowler
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:13 PM
My husband and I decided I'd stay home cause though we did qualify for food assistance we didn't qualify for daycare:/ so in other words that extra 200 I brought in every 2 weeks was blown on daycare which wasn't worth it!! I have a love hate relationship with being a SAHM and now it's almost like I have to go back to work again seeing as they cut our food stamps by 75%. I'm grateful for what we get but honestly how far does 35$ get you with a family of 4??
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I completely agree with your decision. Why work and be away from your kids and be in a worse situation than while being a sahm.

Quoting ElyseFowler: My husband and I decided I'd stay home cause though we did qualify for food assistance we didn't qualify for daycare:/ so in other words that extra 200 I brought in every 2 weeks was blown on daycare which wasn't worth it!! I have a love hate relationship with being a SAHM and now it's almost like I have to go back to work again seeing as they cut our food stamps by 75%. I'm grateful for what we get but honestly how far does 35$ get you with a family of 4??
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:17 PM
6 moms liked this
Why are they having children if their earning potential maxes out at daycare costs?

Quoting danie24:

People are ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this
If your earning ability maxes out at $100 a week, you shouldn't be having children.

Quoting ElyseFowler: My husband and I decided I'd stay home cause though we did qualify for food assistance we didn't qualify for daycare:/ so in other words that extra 200 I brought in every 2 weeks was blown on daycare which wasn't worth it!! I have a love hate relationship with being a SAHM and now it's almost like I have to go back to work again seeing as they cut our food stamps by 75%. I'm grateful for what we get but honestly how far does 35$ get you with a family of 4??
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Different poster. Maybe they could afford it when they had kids. Maybe they could afford for one parent to be a sahm when they had kids and the cost of daycare rises over the years.
back when I had my kid the cost for both of mine was $120 a week now that wouldn't even cover one. Kid.

Quoting Anonymous: Why are they having children if their earning potential maxes out at daycare costs?

Quoting danie24:

People are ridiculous.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:21 PM
8 moms liked this

I would rather a mother stay home and receive assistance than put her children in daycare if the kids are under six.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)