Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wtf landlord I don't wanna be a b***h but you're about to piss me off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 211 Replies
1 mom liked this
I don't even know if this is legal. Ugh I hate cold heartless people.

Also bare with me I am trying to get used to typing on a new phone.

In Jan I typed a letter to landlord saying husband got laid off and we could only pay half of rent right now and if we couldn't pay the rest before feb 15th we would pay it off plus late fees plus Feb rent and those late fees with our tax refund. They called said that was fine. Well dh did some side jobs and we paid the rest of Jan and late fees 2 days after they called.

Things have been tight and we were just going to pay feb rent with our taxes. (And March) I was going to mail rent in tomorrow. 6 days late. 6 days!!

Well last night at 9:46 pm I got a phone call from landlord but I was already in bed. I want sure what he wanted his voice mail just said to call him back. Well this morning we went to church and it was Sunday meal so we didn't get home until 1:30

What do I drive up to see? Landlords daughter posting an eviction notice on my front door. I was like wtf!

She says what she is doing and I said I thought I had until the 15th? I was going to mail it in tomorrow. She says oh "well he is tired of you being late all the time" so I say let me go to atm and get money and come right back. She says ok. So I go get it.

When I get back I ask why Ann I bring evicted for being 6 days late when we agreed to the 15th? She says called him and he said because he tried getting in contact with me and I ignored his call.

First off he called to damn late imo.
Second we went to church excuse me for not calling the second I woke up. I was going to call back when I got home!

I got the rent paid and all is good now but I am still fuming.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mayalove
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Well not to be a bitch but you were late.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM
17 moms liked this
Contacting your landlord about paying your rent should be your top priority.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:44 PM
8 moms liked this
People like you amaze me. DH got laid off, so wth are you doing? Go find a job! I don't understand how some woman, depend on their husbands for everything, especially financially. We have to pay out mortgage on the due date or late fees accumulate. We don't have the option of calling the mortgage company and telling them a sad, sob story and expect a "get out if jail" free card. We have to pay on the due date. Get over yourself and find a damn job to pay your rent. This sounds like something you have been going for some time, paying rent late. I would have you evicted as well.
Anonymous
5 moms liked this
Your rent probably pays some of his bills. If you're late, so is he.
Anonymous
You were late and didn't take his call I am sure he's been burned in the past with people just packing up and moving over night. I don't blame him. He prob wants good tenants and no drama.
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
The original agreement was terminated when ya got your rent caught up and to date. You were 6 days late and no conversation as to what was going to happen or when. I'd serve ya with a eviction notice too.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM
4 moms liked this

We are landlords and would have done the same. Odds are this wouldn't be the only month you had a problem, and it would just snowball from there with the rent always being late. No thanks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Pay your rent on time and their won't be any issues. By the way, in the future you should get everything in writing on what you and he has agreed to.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Bills are due when they are due, it isnt the landlords job to be understanding, it is their income
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I am sorry that your landlord upset you but there is nothing you can do. Landlords don't have to accept your rent late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)