Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not sure if I should or not.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Several months ago I had to cut off a friend. I finally realized after years of me being there for her that she only came around when she needed something. And she always brought her drama with her.

I'm talking psycho ex who kicks in doors at 3 am but she refuses to press charges on.

Crazy ex friends who slash her tires and squeel tires in front of her house.

Everything is drama and she brings it on herself. She is also one of those slightly psycho people who will stalk an ex for years on Facebook even if she "doesn't care anymore"

If they block her she will try to use other peoples accounts and if that fails she will resort to making up a fake profile and try to stalk the person.

She is a mother but she is still pretty immature. She does love her son but all she ever knew was an absent father and an alcoholic mother who lived off of welfare. She is apparently aspiring to become her mother.

Which brings me to the real reason of this post. Her mother died 5 years ago today. She was always close to her and I know how hard this month always is for her. I feel bad for her and want to make sure she is doing okay. But at the same time I don't want to invite drama into my life again. I haven't spoke with her in 6 months and haven't had to deal with anyone's drama but my own.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I'd call and ask how she's doing.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:53 PM
I wouldn't contact her. That door is closed, and from the sound of it should remain that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:54 PM

When I cut contact she didnt have a phone. Not sure what her number would be if she has one.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd call and ask how she's doing.

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Be prepared to open up the lines of communications.......It's a nice gesture, but at the same time, you know what you are getting in to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Send her a card
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Oh well, then there's your answer.

Quoting Anonymous:

When I cut contact she didnt have a phone. Not sure what her number would be if she has one.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd call and ask how she's doing.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Quoting hautemama83: I wouldn't contact her. That door is closed, and from the sound of it should remain that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I know but I have been friends with her for 8 or 9 years before this. I know how upset she gets around this time and at one point she had to be medicated for depression because of this. Her brother is a drug addict and an abusive loser so he wont be there for her. I don't know for sure that anyone will be.

Quoting hautemama83: I wouldn't contact her. That door is closed, and from the sound of it should remain that way.

nana776
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I would look up her Facebook and see what she's saying there to get an idea of her state of mind. I wouldn't call, unless you are really worried, that would just invite all the old drama again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 5:03 PM

I know. I'm just worried no one will be there for her today. I don't want to but at the same time I miss her. We were friends for 8 or 9 years before this and I know she doesn't deal well around this time.

Quoting mjgm1966:

Be prepared to open up the lines of communications.......It's a nice gesture, but at the same time, you know what you are getting in to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)