Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My teen DD just told me she has herpes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies
1 mom liked this
She is 17. I am so heart broken for her. It turns out it was her ex bf. He told her to get tested and sure enough she has it.

I can't help but feeling really disappointed. We have a had the sex talk many times. We have talked about stds. Sure condoms are a huge part about safe sex but so is making sure your partner does not STDs.

She hasn't told her dad yet and doesn't want to. I don't think it really is any of his businesses though

Gosh what a tough way to learn a lesson
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:31 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:31 PM
8 moms liked this

You can still get herpes with condoms....

Her life is not over...in a year or 2 she will probably never have an out break again.

I have had maybe 6 outbreaks in 20 years, and none for a very long time. It really is no big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:33 PM
3 moms liked this
She can still pass it on even when she is showing no sign of an outbreak. She needs to be upfront with future sexual partners...that is the responsible thibg to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Apparently today is herpes day on mc. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I've had it 5 years and get an OB every month. You're freaking lucky!!!!

OP I am so sorry for your DD. And no she doesn't have to tell her dad unless she wants to. No one but me, my husband, and my mom know I have it. Just be understanding and try to be positive. She doesn't need you feeling sorry for her. Give her pamphlets and get tons of information for her to help her get through all of this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her life is not over...in a year or 2 she will probably never have an out break again.

I have had maybe 6 outbreaks in 20 years, and none for a very long time. It really is no big deal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Yes...that is why I said they are a big part of being protected but you still need to make sure your partner is STD free

Sure she will still live a normalish life but herpes has a stigma. Also everyone at her school knows and there are rumors starting

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
I was thinking same thing

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently today is herpes day on mc. 

Anonymous

wow... her dad doesnt need to know??? did u need to know? he is a parent also.. on the same level as you... WOW!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM
8 moms liked this
Yes herpes is a big deal sorry to burst your bubble. Wtf!?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM

She wanted to tell me she doesnt want to tell her dad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

wow... her dad doesnt need to know??? did u need to know? he is a parent also.. on the same level as you... WOW!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)