Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant at 40! I COULDN'T WAIT! I TOLD HIM!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 246 Replies

I couldn't wait, I just had to tell him!!

I put the test in a small box and wrapped it.. I told him it was an early vday present. As he was opening it I said "I know you already have some of these, but I thought you could use a new one" he was sooooooo shocked I thought he was going to pass out, once he got over the shock he was thrilled. I didn't think he would be so excited. :)

I'm 40 and just found out that I'm pregnant... I'm too old... I have a 23 year old ds, 18 year old ds, 14 year old ds, and a 10 year old dd.

My dh is going to have a heart attack when I tell him.. 

I feel like saying what am I going to do, but I know I am going to keep the baby..

Anyone else my age or older and found out they were pregnant???

Update

I think a little bit of the shock is wearing off since I made this post and found out it is actually more common than I thought. 

How should I tell my husband? I want to make it special! Give me your ideas :) Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Eeek. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Thanks

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Eeek. Good luck.

tamzinsmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Good luck and congratulations!
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I know quite a few people that had a baby at 40 and even older.  Everything went fine. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Quoting tamzinsmommy: Good luck and congratulations!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I should have mentioned my dh is pushing 50 lol (48) and I am in shock.. half my kids are adults 

Quoting littlelamb303:

I know quite a few people that had a baby at 40 and even older.  Everything went fine. Good luck

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I don't think it is that unusual.  When I was a Kindergarten teacher, I remember one year there were 3 moms that were 45 and even older in my class.  As long as you are healthy, you should be ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

I should have mentioned my dh is pushing 50 lol (48) and I am in shock.. half my kids are adults 

Quoting littlelamb303:

RMC007
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this
My grandma had her 1st child at 18 and her youngest at 39. She said that having a child later in life was so rewarding. She had 8 kids in total, but she was closest to the youngest. You will be just fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:03 PM

It's just a scary thought..

Quoting littlelamb303:

I don't think it is that unusual.  When I was a Kindergarten teacher, I remember one year there were 3 moms that were 45 and even older in my class.  As long as you are healthy, you should be ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting littlelamb303:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Wow 8 kids is alot lol... thanks :)

Quoting RMC007: My grandma had her 1st child at 18 and her youngest at 39. She said that having a child later in life was so rewarding. She had 8 kids in total, but she was closest to the youngest. You will be just fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)