Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't care that you're a SAHM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies
13 moms liked this
And I don't expect you to have an opinion about the fact that I work.

Why does it even matter? Are women really this concerned with how other moms choose to parent or live their lives? Or is this just a topic of controversy on blogs and message boards?

I don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:47 AM
16 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:49 AM
3 moms liked this

well see the SAHM think that we all pop out babies one after another and think we have children under the age of six living at home at all times.... Ya I mean ya some of us stick with two and have kids in grade school or high school or graduated so we get jobs.... There is more to life other than revolving around kids. They just cant get that part....

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM

you're new

deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't care either...I dont know why other people make such a big debate about it..
.Skittles.
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:50 AM

I just think there are some people that have nothing better to do than judge. Those are the ones I worry about. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:51 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't get it either. My friend on Facebook is driving me crazy with it. She's constanty saying, "Off to work because that's what adults do." and a million other things like that.

I think when people beat a dead horse with any subject, they're feeling insecure with their choices.
J.M.O.
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never had it be an issue in real life.
wintermoon111
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM
I have been on both ends of the rope. I use to work outside the home and my parents watched my son and back then all I wanted to do was be home now I am home with my second but I watch kids from my house though now I miss the socialization lol
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:54 AM
9 moms liked this

I've been both and never knew it was even a debate until Cafemom taught me, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM

I don't get it either. I love being a sahm but I certainly don't think it's for every woman. I was a lousy working mom, lol. I admire women that can "do it all".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN