Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA. the licey kids arent sent home any more!! UPdate on tea tree oil search

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My oldest dd is friends with the licey kids. If I'd known this was the crowd she'd hook on to when we moved here two years ago, we would have Never Moved Back. Eight times this school year alone. WTF is wrong with these people?!? The school nurse knows where it's coming from but has already told me her hands are tied she has to allow them to keep coming. I'm spending bukus of cash to treat hair and house and I'm sick of it. They should be forced to remove ALL their kids from school till they are all lice free for two weeks.

Edit to Add... Look y'all, I am not going to go to a person that has already been told several times by the school nurse she and her family has lice and offer to treat her house and hair. They KNOW they have lice, they CHOOSE to do nothing about it. It is not wrong to want your child to stay away from another child that constantly has head lice. I have never been rude to this kid and I'm not trying to "outcast" her. I just don't want her lice coming home and becoming our lice AGAIN!

Update on Tea Tree Oil Search.....
I looked for that all over town today. Not a single store had it. Small town. :-/ But I got lucky at the local IGA where I always shop! Sometimes you can talk to the manager for "specialty ideas" and he agreed to look and see if he can order some on his next shipment that comes in Thursday!!
And my sister had a blow dryer to loan me long term! Hoorah!

Thanks for all the helpful home remedy ideas and tips, a lot I'd never heard of! I'll have plenty to pass around now.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:05 AM
I have never heard of this tea tree oil.

Quoting -_-: Put tea tree oil in your kid's shampoo.
DEJavu17
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:07 AM
2 moms liked this
One word.

Listerine.

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!
stacy8606
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:10 AM
I know- we were just talking about this at school the other day- they are no longer sending home kids that they are finding lice on because of the social stigma attached. Personally I think that stinks!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:10 AM
This is what I do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Yes! Its horrible and hard to get rid of Buuut it can be done if one wants to be rid of it!!

Quoting abrine7673: Ewwww!!!! My dd dealt with it all summer until my mom and I yelled at my sister. (My niece was infested and sis would only treat her hair then tell us she was clear and a week later giving dd a bath I would find one) we almost had to stop going there.

I feel for you
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Add Tea Tree or Rosemary oil to your family shampoo and conditioner - that will deter the lice from attaching to your daughter's hair.

My4Kidds
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM
U get it at the grocery store...its a preventative thing, lice don't like it.

Quoting Anonymous: I have never heard of this tea tree oil.

Brycensmommy85
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Gross. I would freak out if that happened, I'd probably call CPS on the family that is disgusting and wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM
It does. I try not to carry on about this kid because I feel it drives her closer to her but Dang it, enough is enough! And thats the exact thing the School Nurse told me about the social stigma to it.

Quoting stacy8606: I know- we were just talking about this at school the other day- they are no longer sending home kids that they are finding lice on because of the social stigma attached. Personally I think that stinks!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:23 AM
I'm going to try it out. Several people have commented on it. At this point I'm desperate not to get it here again.

Quoting My4Kidds: U get it at the grocery store...its a preventative thing, lice don't like it.

Quoting Anonymous: I have never heard of this tea tree oil.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)