Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA. the licey kids arent sent home any more!! UPdate on tea tree oil search

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My oldest dd is friends with the licey kids. If I'd known this was the crowd she'd hook on to when we moved here two years ago, we would have Never Moved Back. Eight times this school year alone. WTF is wrong with these people?!? The school nurse knows where it's coming from but has already told me her hands are tied she has to allow them to keep coming. I'm spending bukus of cash to treat hair and house and I'm sick of it. They should be forced to remove ALL their kids from school till they are all lice free for two weeks.

Edit to Add... Look y'all, I am not going to go to a person that has already been told several times by the school nurse she and her family has lice and offer to treat her house and hair. They KNOW they have lice, they CHOOSE to do nothing about it. It is not wrong to want your child to stay away from another child that constantly has head lice. I have never been rude to this kid and I'm not trying to "outcast" her. I just don't want her lice coming home and becoming our lice AGAIN!

Update on Tea Tree Oil Search.....
I looked for that all over town today. Not a single store had it. Small town. :-/ But I got lucky at the local IGA where I always shop! Sometimes you can talk to the manager for "specialty ideas" and he agreed to look and see if he can order some on his next shipment that comes in Thursday!!
And my sister had a blow dryer to loan me long term! Hoorah!

Thanks for all the helpful home remedy ideas and tips, a lot I'd never heard of! I'll have plenty to pass around now.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I think so as well. But according to the state board of education its not a health issue as lice transfer no diseases. Lice is no longer something the school is required to report.

Quoting Brycensmommy85:

Gross. I would freak out if that happened, I'd probably call CPS on the family that is disgusting and wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Like as a rinse to get rid of them? Or an every night preventative? Ive never heard of this either.

Quoting DEJavu17: One word.

Listerine.

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:29 AM

There was a note being sent home from my oldest dd's teacher, one of the students in the class had/has lice, they also stated that it isn't a health issue and just because you have lice doesn't make you "dirty"........we were already using tea tree shampoo, but we haven't had a issue with lice so far......I was told last year that my youngest dd had head lice, I checked, my mil checked, and I treated her just in case, well she didn't have lice. It would drive me crazy if my kids kept playing with a child that kept giving them their lice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM
It does drive me crazy. And broke because I will not just live with lice. I've preached till I'm blue in the face, I've tried gently nudging her to socialize with other kids, I've tried the old I forbid you to play with her. I try not to go that route though, its like it makes her determined to play with her because she knows it bothers me. Im at wits end. :/

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

There was a note being sent home from my oldest dd's teacher, one of the students in the class had/has lice, they also stated that it isn't a health issue and just because you have lice doesn't make you "dirty"........we were already using tea tree shampoo, but we haven't had a issue with lice so far......I was told last year that my youngest dd had head lice, I checked, my mil checked, and I treated her just in case, well she didn't have lice. It would drive me crazy if my kids kept playing with a child that kept giving them their lice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:29 AM
7 moms liked this
Lice is not indicative of one being unsanitary. Lice can be very difficult to get rid of, and most over the counter products do not work. It's possible the family thinks the problem is resolved, when it's not.
DEJavu17
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Douse their head in listerine. Comb through it while its still wet. It will get rid of them. Then rinse once a week for 4 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous: Like as a rinse to get rid of them? Or an every night preventative? Ive never heard of this either.

Quoting DEJavu17: One word.

Listerine.

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEJavu17
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Our kids aren't allowed in school with even a nit! Even the dead ones. You must be lice and nit free. We have been battling lice with my nieces for some time. My SIL tried listerine and it worked. They also do weekly checks at the nurses office.

Quoting Anonymous: It does. I try not to carry on about this kid because I feel it drives her closer to her but Dang it, enough is enough! And thats the exact thing the School Nurse told me about the social stigma to it.

Quoting stacy8606: I know- we were just talking about this at school the other day- they are no longer sending home kids that they are finding lice on because of the social stigma attached. Personally I think that stinks!
dizzy91
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:41 AM

They never sent us home in the 90's... They never sent anyone home. I remember them calling classes in for random checks when I was a kid, because there were so many outbreaks. It was just a tell your parents when you get home type of thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:41 AM
That is disgusting. I'm sorry. :(
JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:42 AM
5 moms liked this

unsanitary? It is kinda icky but lice tend to prefer clean hair.

Quoting Supervane: Shouldn't they be reporting frequent lice infestations...? As it could be a sign of neglect or unsanitary living conditions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN