Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your teen daughter

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:06 AM
  • 129 Replies

My dd is 15,  She's a theatre major in her high school.  She's in an art school and she had to audition to get in. Doing shows is really important for her grades and to eventually graduate. If she does not get a specific number of theatre credits she will not graduate.  The upcoming show they are doing is Romeo and Juliet. There will be kissing in the show.  She's auditioning for juliet.  Its not guaranteed by any means but she has a real shot at getting the role.  There are a number of girls who are not allowed to audition due to the kissing and everyone is a lil worried about how this particular director will handle the sex scene.  I'm sure he'll keep it legal but he's a lil out there.  So would you let your dd audition knowing there will be kissing.

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:08 AM
6 moms liked this

Yes of course , I dont want her only practice to be in the back of her boyfriends van 

superwoman8977
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep I would... I had an awesome time I. Theatre in high school and had to kiss my fair share of guys in the 4 years I was in drama... It's no big deal...
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Yes.

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
She's most likely been kissing for a while if she's 15. I would for sure let her tryout!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:10 AM
12 moms liked this
If she is a good actor, it won't be your daughter kissing this boy, it will be Juliet :)
Justine1993
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Yes
j3st3r
by Jedi on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I played Juliet at that age. I had auditioned for Juliet and the Nurse.

I was always kind if bummed I didn't get to be the nurse.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I would as long as they each keep their "TONGUES" in their own mouth and lips closed. And I would be in the front row watching very very closely

GleekingOut
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Yep. Romeo and Juliet is one of the biggest done performances in history. If I was going to have a issue with it - I wouldn't have allowed her to go to the school. I think there will always be kissing in theatre. As for the sex scene - I'm sure the principal has already asked that same question and the director must have given a satisfying answer

ajdahd13
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:14 AM
Lmao! Yes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN