Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let my 5 year old.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 241 Replies
4 moms liked this
Stay up as late as he wants. I do make him lay in bed by a certain time, but I allow him to watch TV until he gets tired and falls asleep. He's home schooled and has no reason to wake up super early. It's really not a big deal, it works fine for us.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM
23 moms liked this
It may work fine, but it's not healthy
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
OK. If it works for you. My daughter wants to do virtual school and says she would get up at noon and do her school. Ummm no lol.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:14 AM
DS has a bedtime. 8:30, and he's up at 7am. We do let him take his iPad to bed, but when I check on him around 8:50, he's conked out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:17 AM
26 moms liked this

Actually it IS a big deal if you let him watch the TV while he's falling asleep because you are screwing up his sleep cycle.  If he gets used to that, he will never learn to sleep without it and it will cause him sleep issues forever.

suzanneyea
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:18 AM

I am not into watching tv to fall asleep.

bubble_guts
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:18 AM
2 moms liked this
You're not teaching him to be a normal functioning human being. Lol

So that'll kick him in the ass when he's an adult out on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:19 AM
5 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:20 AM
12 moms liked this

Wow... You will probably regret that later on.  In my opinion, kids need a routine and guidelines or rules. that's how they learn responsibility. You letting him do what he wants like staying up late and sleeping in is only teaching its okay to be lazy.

ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:21 AM
No...

Itll just make him need noise to fall asleep.

I never watched tv to fall asleep growing up. And i now need the tv or something on to fall asleep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it IS a big deal if you let him watch the TV while he's falling asleep because you are screwing up his sleep cycle.  If he gets used to that, he will never learn to sleep without it and it will cause him sleep issues forever.

Okie-chick
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 7:22 AM
I allow one movie to be played,and when that movie is over you better be already asleep or ready for sleep. My two year old had been on a bed time schedule for a long time now. My boys are the same way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)