Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moving in together...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Me and my X are talking about moving in together. I am 7 months pregnant with DS. He wants to work things out and suggested we move in together so our son has his family together. Currently I am living with my mom. She's single and so am I. We make things work. We get along together and she's excited to have her grandson living with her so she can be close to him. I'm just not sure what to do...My mom HATES my X and I know she won't be around if I choose to move in with my X. However I'm also not sure if moving in with my X would be the best decision....What do you guys think?

**Me and my X split because things happened VERY fast we had been seeing each other a month and I got pregnant. He cheated and granted he admitted it but it still hurt and I chose to leave because I couldn't handle that. We have kept in contact and he is actively involved in the pregnancy**

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:19 AM
I would stay at your moms. After baby is born you can see how the dynamics between you to are.
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Stay with mom, reestablish trust, a relationship with your mom, then go from there. You don't want any animosity.
Heatherahh
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Doesn't sounds like a good idea
bubble_guts
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Lol. No.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM

suppose things arent working out a month into moving in together?? You're better off staying with mom, and building a solid relationship first. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM

You sound like you are in no way ready to even have a baby

Indianamomto4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM

If your ex is a good person (no drugs, not abusive in any way) and If you have feelings of love or feelings that could lead to love then I would give it a try or I might worry that I would always wonder if it could have worked out. Explain to your mom that you still need her to be involved with the pregnancy and baby and need her support. Let her know that she won't be pushed aside. Hope it all works out for you.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Stay with your mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't live together just because you want your baby to have a family, that's stupid. You guys can still be a "family" without living together.
if you want to work things out with your X, as I said, you don't have to live together to be in a relationship with him. You guys split once after moving too fast, why would you consider doing that again??

I suggest having a dating trial to see if you guys can work things out. If you are still with him after a year, and things are solid, than you can consider moving in. That's just my opinion.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Stay with your mom..........there is a reason he was your ex and being pregnant is not a reason to overlook that and move in together

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)