Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do YOU think?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
So, I started making loaded potato soup im the crockpot. I reach for a can of potatoes(yea yea gross processed shit made by a lazy mom..moving on) and stupidly opened and put a can of chili beans in with the soup. Now, is there anyway to make this work or should I dump and start a new pot? Feeling so stupid right now:(
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:35 AM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:35 AM
U
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:36 AM

Is it just the beans or is it the chili flavoring?  If it's just the beans (I believe they're usually canned in water or oil) then you'll be fine...beans are a healthy addition.  If it's the canned chili with beans in it, then I'd suggest turning it into a white chicken chili instead of potato soup lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:36 AM
M
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Try it. It might be good. What else is in the pot?
Lauren6310
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Is it chili or beans?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM
No it's the canned chili beans like I put in my chili. Lol. I only got 1 hour sleep last night

Quoting kellysparkles:

Is it just the beans or is it the chili flavoring?  If it's just the beans (I believe they're usually canned in water or oil) then you'll be fine...beans are a healthy addition.  If it's the canned chili with beans in it, then I'd suggest turning it into a white chicken chili instead of potato soup lol.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:38 AM
I'm th ki d of person who would pick them all out immediately. Unless they're "flavored" in which case I would dump it & start over
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:39 AM
One of those potato soup mixes and potatoe and milk.

Quoting lnrmom: Try it. It might be good. What else is in the pot?
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Oh if it's just the beans then you're totally fine :)  Just go about cooking it the rest of the way and it'll be a fun twist on it your soup.

Quoting Anonymous: No it's the canned chili beans like I put in my chili. Lol. I only got 1 hour sleep last night

Quoting kellysparkles:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)