Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think people who think credit cards=debt aren't very bright.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 279 Replies
26 moms liked this
I hear and see the same thing over and over. "I have the money, I don't need to go into debt by getting a credit card."

If you have the money why would you go into debt simply by having a credit card? Do you not trust yourself? Are you not responsible enough to pay other bills on time either? If you have the money, it's not debt. It helps your credit when used responsibly. Unless you can afford to pay cash for a house or car, good luck getting approved without any credit.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Agreed, IF they can use them accordingly. DH and I have 2 credit cards, we pay all our bills we can on them (minus mortgage and car payment) then we use the money we have to pay them off before interest every month. We also have points cards and have probably earned around $1000 in Visa gift cards since starting this. Also DH had a prior bankruptcy, these cards were just mine and we added his name before starting this and his credit score is now in good standing. It takes discipline, but yes it does wonders to your credit and is easier to manage (at least for us).

Lilfootmommy
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:17 PM
9 moms liked this
We dont use credit cards, we dont need to.
quinnsmom715
by Donna on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

many people see it as free money..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM
8 moms liked this
Im anti credit, thus anti credit cards. If I dont have the cash, i dont buy it. Simple as that...
Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, Dave Ramsey believes that you should pay for your house and car with cash. Everything in cash.

I don't see one credit card and being able to pay it off each month as a bad thing. A lot of people do not do that though. You're still paying interest.

We don't have credit cards 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM
13 moms liked this

And I think people can't figure out they spend more on a credit card, even if they pay it off aren't very bright.

And I think people who don't realize that by using a credit card from a bank such as Citibank or Bofa who don't realize they are funding corporate terrorists are also not bright.  

And I thik people who don't realize that they are causing the price of goods to go up by using a credit card aren't very bright.  

o.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I won't allow myself a credit card.  If I cannot buy it outright, I do not need it.  (excluding car and house, of course)

momto3B
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:21 PM
3 moms liked this

We use our credit cards for everything and pay them off at the end of the month. This summer we are going to Norway for two weeks and we paid for only 1 of 5 airfares using our points. 

Paying case nets you nothing, using cc's wisely provides a benefit. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this
If you pay it off every month, you don't owe anything more than what you spent.

Quoting Anonymous:

And I think people can't figure out they spend more on a credit card, even if they pay it off aren't very bright.

And I think people who don't realize that by using a credit card from a bank such as Citibank or Bofa who don't realize they are funding corporate terrorists are also not bright.  

And I thik people who don't realize that they are causing the price of goods to go up by using a credit card aren't very bright.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:22 PM

we have credit cards we are getting rid of them. no thank you. we have great credit scores though so not worrie dabout that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)