Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if your daughter best friend got pregnant would you make them stop being friends

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:36 PM
  • 138 Replies
Today at work I was helping out in a different department, well the ladies start talking about their kids most of them have older kids preteen and teen. One of the ladies said that her 14yr daughter just told her that her friend is pregnant and she don't know if she wants her to hang out anymore because she think it would be a bad influence on her. She asked us what do we think and if it were our kids what would we do.a lot of the ladies said it's so common that young girls are getting pregnant now so no they wouldn't make them break friendship, others said that they wiuldnt let their daughter be around a bad influence like that because they don't want their daughters to want to have a baby and blah blah blah.

I told her I dont have to worry about that for awhile but if ever did come up I wouldn't stop them from being friends because I was in that same exact situation when I got pregnant with my son at 14 and one of my best friend who I had been friends for a very long time told me her mother told her we could no longer be friends because I was a bad influence and if we continued to be friends she would make her switch school.

That crushed me I was going through a really tough time with ny mom kicking me out and having to deal with my kids abusive dad. she was the only one I could go to and just talk to and she would always say no matter what her mom says she would always be here for me. When he mom found out she was still hanging out with me she did make her switch schools and losing her as a friend just made my life that much worst I had no one by my side to talk about what I was going through.

So if the situation ever happened no I wouldn't do that because I know how it feels and I wouldn't want anyone to do that to my daughter. I wasn't a bad influence, my kids dad was my first I wasn't just screwing enveryone.

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toriandgrace
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM
8 moms liked this

I would not, but I would be having lots of talks with my child. It would be good for her to see the struggles her friend will face. 

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM

no

phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:40 PM
No.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Nope, wouldn't stop her from being friends.

And I'd end up giving a piece of my mind to the busy body bitches who tried to bar their kids from being friends.

Sucky as the situation is, that's when the friend would need her friends the most.  They might not understand the true impact of what is happening, but the girl would need some major moral support.  Especially if her parents are douchebags.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:40 PM
No
JessicaHatfield
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM
No, I would not force my child to stop being friends with someone because they got pregnant. My friend got pregnant young and instead of me wanting to also have a baby at 17, I decided that was definitely NOT what I wanted for my life.
pinkcsmtlgy
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I don't have a daughter but if I did I wouldn't tell her to stop being her friend. When I was 15 a friend of mine got pregnant and we're still friends.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I have had a friends parent say that to me before, that I was a bad influence because I got pregnant at 18 years old. I truthfully didn't understand how, as I had done nothing but try to keep that friend from getting pregnant for a couple of years. I wouldn't tell my child they couldn't hang out with their friend because their friend got pregnant young. I would sit down with my child and explain to them why its not a good idea for them to do it.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM
No.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM

There would be many more factors than just a pregnancy to make me want to end a friendship for my child.  Even "good" girls can get pregnant as teens.  And if my child was educated and responsible, she'd be able to see the hardships as well as the "rosey moments" her friend was having and decide to wait.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)