Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It takes a strong woman to abort

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:45 AM
  • 637 Replies
31 moms liked this

There, I said it.

I love it how the go-to response of pro-lifers is that abortion is the cowardly way out. Well, I think it's exactly the opposite. It takes one hell of a strong person to accept that you've made a horrible mistake and clean it up before it ruins your own life, and likely someone else's too, even though by cleaning it up you accept the risk that you might find it hard to live with yourself for a while (or forever).

Rant over, have a nice day everyone.

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Hmmm
momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:50 AM
68 moms liked this
Well, you have a right to your opinion of course. I personally disagree 100%. It doesn't take any strength to put your own convenience first.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:51 AM
16 moms liked this
In my opinion It is the cowardly out.
You decided to get pregnant the minute you had sex with protected or not the reasons I'm against abortions I can go on And on I just couldn't never do that to a poor innocent Baby or fetus How some women on here call it. Personally I think it's selfish
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:54 AM
9 moms liked this

NO. I do not want the GOVERNMENT, making decisions about my body.

However, YOU did not give that life a heart-beat, and you have no right to STOP IT.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:54 AM
12 moms liked this

To each their own.

I just think it's WAY more selfish to bring a child to the world only for it to have a miserable life just because you don't have the guts to make the reasonable choice.

Quoting mommybear91: In my opinion It is the cowardly out.
You decided to get pregnant the minute you had sex with protected or not the reasons I'm against abortions I can go on And on I just couldn't never do that to a poor innocent Baby or fetus How some women on here call it. Personally I think it's selfish

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:54 AM
57 moms liked this
It takes a stronger woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term and give the baby up for adoption. It takes a stronger woman still to educate herself about birth control so she doesn't accidentally get pregnant and have to make such hard decisions.

***I am pro-choice, but I am anti-stupidity and irresponsibility.
toriandgrace
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:56 AM
14 moms liked this
I'm not fond of "cleaning up mistakes" by killing babies (my belief of what an abortion is, obviously not scientific terms). We are all entitled to our opinions. For me, strong is accepting the choices you've made and creating the best life possible for those involved, this doesn't involve depriving one of life. I would not kill the father, so I won't kill the child either.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:57 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry, I do have to say I don't understand what you just said.

Quoting Anonymous:

NO. I do not want the GOVERNMENT, making decisions about my body.

However, YOU did not give that life a heart-beat, and you have no right to STOP IT.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I wasnt strong. I chose my life for my child's. The day the father of the pregnancy shoved a gun in my 14 yr old body and told me I had to abort, I did. My dad scared me so when he said abort, I did. I'm 100% prochoice.
toriandgrace
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
So why don't you advocate for adoption?

Quoting Sister_Someone:

To each their own.

I just think it's WAY more selfish to bring a child to the world only for it to have a miserable life just because you don't have the guts to make the reasonable choice.

Quoting mommybear91: In my opinion It is the cowardly out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN