Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NO POO MOMS dr bronners and coconut oil??

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:06 AM
  • 15 Replies

Have any of you used Dr bronners magic soap for a wash?

What about coconut oil for conditioner? Is the coconut oil suposed to dry in your hair? I tried using it and my hair became SOOOOO stiff when it dried. It took me forever to wash it out. (Looking for sujuestions)

For information please click the ribbon. 

my son and I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within our bodies. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normally. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. My reading comprehension is affected at times as well.  It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I've never used Dr Bronner's on my hair. Only as body wash.

I put coconut oil in my hair after I dry it. I don't like how it feels if I apply it while wet.
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Quoting LyTe684: I've never used Dr Bronner's on my hair. Only as body wash.

I put coconut oil in my hair after I dry it. I don't like how it feels if I apply it while wet.

Do you have a problem with coconut oil drying in your hair?

my son and I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within our bodies. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normally. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. My reading comprehension is affected at times as well.  It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:13 AM
When while wet? Yes. I didn't like it. Made my hair hard.

When applied after being blow dried? Nope. Works wonders. That and Argan oil are what I use in my hair.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting LyTe684: I've never used Dr Bronner's on my hair. Only as body wash.

Do you have a problem with coconut oil drying in your hair?

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I use dr bronners to wash my makeup brushes, and I use coconut oil as a deep conditioner, I cover my hair with it then a shower cap and a hot towl to keep it melted. I rinse it out after 20-30 min with warm water. It does take a bit to rinse it out though. 

levansbx
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:14 AM
try putting the coconut oil in overnight as a deep treatment. then wash it out with baking soda solution and rinse with acv.
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I have used coconut oil in my hair applied wet and dry and I had the same problem. After a few hours my hair felt like straw. I have very curly, kinky hair so I do not know if that has anything to do with it. I use Moroccan oil now for my hair. I use coconut oil after my shower as a body moisturizer.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:23 AM

is it ok if it hardens in your hair??

Quoting levansbx: try putting the coconut oil in overnight as a deep treatment. then wash it out with baking soda solution and rinse with acv.

levansbx
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:29 AM
it's never hardened my hair when I use it that way. maybe you didn't rinse it out enough?

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting levansbx: try putting the coconut oil in overnight as a deep treatment. then wash it out with baking soda solution and rinse with acv.

gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:35 AM

it hardens 5 minutes after I put it in my hair. I melt it then put it in my hair then it just hardens. I put a cap on and wrap a towel around it to keep the heat in but it still hardens :( it does not harden after I rinse it out.

Quoting levansbx: it's never hardened my hair when I use it that way. maybe you didn't rinse it out enough?

Quoting gypsy_rose:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Im sorry meow for your medical condition. That is sad :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)