Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are they taking the fun out of school??

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:36 AM
  • 154 Replies
6 moms liked this

I LOVED school whenever I was younger. I was smart(not a genious just smart(if yall cant take a joke this was misspelled for a reason I have autocorrect on my computer), I had fun, I enjoyed meeting new people and seeing my friends, I loved my teachers, and enjoyed all the school activities. The holidays and special times of the year were the best.. Nowadays they are taking everything "fun" away.. They are making it too serious. Even at such a young age. My son will not be having a valentines day party this year. Whenever I had valentines day in school I LOVED making the shoe box for the valentines to go in. I LOVED going to the store to find the cards I was going to send out. For Christmas I LOVED making ornaments to go on the trees, and things to take home to give my parents as gifts. Now you can't do certain holiday stuff because of religion or beliefs. I also loved whenever my mom would send baked goods to my class for holidays or my birthday. Nowadays everyone is allergic to something. What changed? I have never been to one classroom "party" because they dont really have them because its not allowed. WHY? So much has changed since I was younger and it makes me sad because they have literally sucked all the fun out of school for these little kids.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids will be having a valentines party. It won't be an all day event, but for the last hour or so they pass out cards and eat cupcakes. 

My kids have xmas parties and easter egg hunts. 

I don't feel anything has changed since I was in school.

LAHnTAH0812
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Not a genious. Lolololol.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I love our little school they have big parties, Easter Egg Hunts, Christmas parties etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Yea

My dd hasn't had a class party in three years :-(

It sucks
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:42 AM

My second grader is passing out valentines in his class.  My fifth grader is not, but this is her first year with no valentines.  Our school has a no class party policy, but does a lot of special events.  Fitness day, special day that goes along with curriculum (for example, colonial day where they dance, hear a story, and try foods), rewards for top AP, they do stations for holidays, dances, etc.  I remember doing a special day once or twice a year....they have something going on every month.  

Both of my kids are in after school clubs right now.  DD is in talented art, talented music, and the gifted program.  

They do A LOT more than DH and I ever did at school.  It probably depends on the school!  Are you on the PTA or PTO?  I know a lot more about activities at school because I am on the PTA board.  ;) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Ds's school still does all the stuff we did, parties, crafts, etc. no foods banned, can bring in homemade food....nothing's really different from when I was in school.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:43 AM

you had too much fun and lacked education meowe

dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:45 AM
My sons school still does all of that. All the schools around here do too.
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Everyone gets all butt hurt because its against their religion/thoughts/feelings or they are simply allergic to everything. Who knows its annoying though.

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM

The private, religious school my kids attended in the states still celebrated holidays in school....but cut out things like field trips.  The high schools my daughters attended in the states did parties in some classes but not others.

The schools here are awesome.  They still do everything possible to make learning FUN - while really stressing education.  My kids are always on trips hiking, exploring, visiting museums, etc.  They have school-wide holiday celebrations too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)