Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Freaking heartattack!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

This morning I woke up to cries of, "MOMMY, MOMMY, MOMMY!!!!" from my 2 year old son. They sounded like they were far away and not in his room, which is right next to our room. I get up to see him standing outside on the back steps at the door. He had put his poor little hands in his shirt, his feet were bare. He was just wearing his pajamas. Of course I grabbed him right up and brought him inside. He's cuddled up in my bed right now under some warm blankets drinking hot chocolate.

He's never ever even tried to open that door before. I didn't even know he could open doors! The lock to the backdoor sucks because there is no deadbolt, just a knob, and the knob will open from the inside even if locked, but you can't get back in. I'm going to go out TODAY and get a childlock for that door. And then in the near future I think I'm going to replace that entire door with one that has a deadbolt so nothing like this happens again.

I usually wake up before my kids, but I couldn't sleep last night so I slept a little later this morning. And even when I do sleep late, the kids usually come straight to my room when they wake up. Ugh, I feel terrible.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Oh no bueno! glad he is ok
Lottie925
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:45 AM

OH MY GOSH! Any idea how long he was out there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Me too, it was super cold outside. I had to go out to take care of our birds and my hands were freezing cold within minutes. The crappy thing is is that I don't know how long he was out there for.

Quoting justpeachy71904: Oh no bueno! glad he is ok

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:46 AM

No idea. At least 5 minutes. But it could have been longer. I just feel sick to my stomach about it.

Quoting Lottie925:

OH MY GOSH! Any idea how long he was out there?

LadyVoldemort
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM

shit happens. be glad he's okay and that you're correcting the issue before it happens again.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Oh no :-( well dont beat yourself up. I mean. It is over and he is ok! You have a game plan to prevent it. And make sure you teach him that's a no no

Quoting Anonymous:

Me too, it was super cold outside. I had to go out to take care of our birds and my hands were freezing cold within minutes. The crappy thing is is that I don't know how long he was out there for.

Quoting justpeachy71904: Oh no bueno! glad he is ok

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Awww that's so sad. Poor little guy.
I'm glad he's okay.
mismaggie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:50 AM
How scary , I'm sorry :( You should be able to just add a deadbolt instead of replacing the entire door.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:50 AM
I am so glad he is okay! Accidents happen. And now you are going to correct the issue so it doesn't happen again. You are a good momma!
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Don't beat yourself up over it. Kids do shit like this all the time. How would you even know he'd do something like that anyway, if he's never done it before? Thank the stars he's okay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)