Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nope, Don't Feel Sorry For You Son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My 4 year old loves to fight me about getting his teeth brushed. I let him brush them first and then I go over it to make sure his teeth are cleaned.

One of the things he does is runs into the bathroom and hides behind the shower curtain. I have told him over and over and over not to do this.

This morning I told him it was time to brush his teeth. I was in the kitchen when I called for him to go brush his teeth and started walking towards the bathroom.

Naturally he ran into the bathroom, got there before me, and hid behind the shower curtain.

Only this time he fell backwards.

Into the tub.

And conked his head.

Now he has a knot on the back of his head. Sorry but I don't feel bad for him. I comforted him, gave him Tylenol to prevent a headache and put ice on the knot, but I told him this is what happens when little boys don't listen to their Mom's. I have told him over and over not only to not run, but to quit hiding behind the shower curtain.

He didn't listen and he fell.

Would you feel the same?

Yes, I have punished him for fighting me about brushing his teeth, not only does he run and hide, he tries to push my hands away and screams/cries about it. He gets punished for this but he's 4 and every 4 year old does shit they know they will be punished for.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM

lil shit....

angelchewning
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

lol no i would feel the same as you do. the best way to learn cause and effect/consequences of your actions is by experience.

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:50 AM

This exactly. 

Quoting angelchewning:

lol no i would feel the same as you do. the best way to learn cause and effect/consequences of your actions is by experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:53 AM
My 6 yr old gives me a hard time like that.
I'd feel the same as you.
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes they have to learn by natural consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Hell sounds like my mom. She told me time and time again not to lean back in the bar stool I will fall when I did I hurt myself had a huge knot on my head and bruise on my arm. She checked me out for serious injuries and gave me an ice pack told me to stop crying that I did it myself. I NEVER leaned back in that chair again. Lesson Learned. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Yep. I remember when I was little my Mom told me not to go outside barefoot because I might step on a bee.

I didn't listen, and I stepped on a bee. Lesson learned, never went outside barefoot again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hell sounds like my mom. She told me time and time again not to lean back in the bar stool I will fall when I did I hurt myself had a huge knot on my head and bruise on my arm. She checked me out for serious injuries and gave me an ice pack told me to stop crying that I did it myself. I NEVER leaned back in that chair again. Lesson Learned. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Is he ok now?
SleepingBeautee
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Seems like a whole lot of punishments for normal little boy behavior. He probably did learn his lesson through the natural consequences of his behavior. But if you have punished him over and over again and seen no results, maybe your way isn't working and maybe you need to lighten up a little.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Nope, don't feel sorry for your son either.

My son who's eight was standing on the ledge of the tub. We've told him the bathtub isn't a place to dance or play around. Guess what.. he got a bruise and a teeny scratch on the surface of his back. It didn't even draw blood.

So yeah.. Even kids as old as my son have to learn.. that there's a time and a place for everything. If mom and dad tell you not to do something, then you're going to learn.. most likely the hard way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)