Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!! PIC pag 16 **UPDATE****They made my daughter sit where?!?!?!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM
  • 189 Replies
My daughter just told me today that the school bus was so full that kids were sitting 3-4 a seat and some were sitting in the aisle. Is this even legal???

***I called the superintendent of the school. It's a safety violation. He's had other parents calling him today too. He assured me it won't be happing again.

Update!!

A friend just sent me a pic. My daughter is in the brown coat squatting in the aisle. This makes me angry all over again!
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:51 AM
That was routine when I was a kid. My stop had 10 -12 kids and the last stop. The bus was always full so we had to stand in the aisle. It was a 30 minute ride to school.

They never did anything to change it, of course that was like 15 years ago.
Chunkymunkey922
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:52 AM
When I went to elementary school our bus the little kids sat on the bigger kids laps. It was way to full. And the sheriff was our bus driver. Is it safe? No. But I don't know about illegal.
Melissa...
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I've never heard of any bus doing this before. I'm seriously curious what the laws are. The no seatbelts on the school buses already confuses me, now this 😞

Quoting Anonymous: That was routine when I was a kid. My stop had 10 -12 kids and the last stop. The bus was always full so we had to stand in the aisle. It was a 30 minute ride to school.

They never did anything to change it, of course that was like 15 years ago.
Melissa...
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Yikes! That's crazy.

Quoting Chunkymunkey922: When I went to elementary school our bus the little kids sat on the bigger kids laps. It was way to full. And the sheriff was our bus driver. Is it safe? No. But I don't know about illegal.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:53 AM
How old I'd your daughter? Younger kids tend to exaggerate.
Melissa...
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Almost 11. She's not a story teller either. Pretty sure she's telling the truth.

Quoting firespurity: How old I'd your daughter? Younger kids tend to exaggerate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I assume it's probably legal. If you can do it on a public transporation bus, I would assume you can do it on a school bus. 

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:56 AM
I know when I went to school the seats were meant to hold 3, so 3 isn't overcrowded. And four is pushing it.

Quoting Melissa...: Almost 11. She's not a story teller either. Pretty sure she's telling the truth.

Quoting firespurity: How old I'd your daughter? Younger kids tend to exaggerate.
levansbx
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM
I didn't think it was legal, but I really don't know.
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM
3 moms liked this
I would look up the laws for school bus safety before going to the school. Here, our buses won't even drive until all kids are seated. Now, how many to a seat, I don't know if there's a limit on that. You should check though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured