Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No sorry but you're cheap or poor if.........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How the hell do you not have a iPhone or any other touch screen get with the times,when i see people with flip phones or standard i think you re poor or just lazy to get one,get with the times smdh.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
farmgirl85
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a basic phone. I've had android, windows phones, iphones etc but I still like my basic phone better. I do all my other stuff (fb, cafemom etc) on my tablet.
Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I just got some kind of smartphone and I hate it. It seems like a waste of money. (Dh upgraded, so I got his old phone)
But it does stuff I would never use, and I don't carry my phone everywhere anyway.
2pink1blue
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this

My mother is neither cheap nor poor and has a basic phone sans touchscreen and/or email.  

Good news is... (drumroll please)... she could give two shits what you think of her based on this.

km1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

I have a simple flip phone. I don't consider myself cheap or poor. We have no reason to have a smart phone. We use our phones to talk and text. That is all we need. We don't need nor do we desire to have access to social media, you tube, games etc. at all times. We would rather save our money for other things that are important to us. A smart phone is not high on our list of what we want or need.

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Oh and I am cheap ;)
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
5 moms liked this

I have a Samsung slider phone. I've had it now for yearssssssssss. And it has *gasp* BUTTONS! and also *gasp, choke* NO INTERNET!

I'm A CHEAP MOTHERF3CKER woooooooooooo!

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

lol we do too

We just ordered a new set of NASCAR checks from our bank so that makes me poor, lazy, AND a redneck ;)

I love how some think if some lives a simple life without all the whistles that means they are poor and lazy. Nope. I don't need all the newest things . I don't care if one does or enjoys them but I do not. . .my DH on the other hand does. 

Quoting Kerannmer:

My dad, neither poor nor lazy, has had the same phone for 8 years. Sometimes it's just preference. Not everyone feels the need to conform or "get with the times", lol. You'd probably hate me because I still use actual checks, ya know, from a checkbook? Lol.

"You start to look like what you believe" -Switchfoot

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM

My husband too....I actually think he's afraid of my iphone.

Quoting Stephw1110:

Ummm. Some people don't want one ever think of that...we are in no way poor and my husband is just fine with his flip phone.  Give me one good reason he needs a smart phone?  His phone makes phone calls and texts what more does he need?  I'll admit I have a smart phone but mine is purely for entertainment value.  I don't need it either....

tansyflower
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM

lol.  i dont even own a cell phone.  wouldnt do me any good if i did. 

catcameback
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM
8 moms liked this

uh....  Not all new phones are touch screens.

I find it sad that someone woould think you need to get rid of something that works perfectly fine just because that's what everyone else is doing.

I hope your a troll, because people this stupid shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)