Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No sorry but you're cheap or poor if.........

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How the hell do you not have a iPhone or any other touch screen get with the times,when i see people with flip phones or standard i think you re poor or just lazy to get one,get with the times smdh.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
STVUstudent
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM

how about not willing topay for something they don't need?  Seriously, do you NEED a touchscreen or iphone, or do you just NEED the phone you have so people who need you can reach you?  SMH... lazy?  How do you figure?  Poor?  Um... I can AFFORD a new phone, but I don't NEED a new phone, so in that case, not spending the money makes me SMART...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Maybe they think it's a waste of money. I don't have ANY cell phone at all because I hate the damn things. If I were forced to get one, I'd want one that looks and feels more like a traditional phone. I don't get how people can talk on a "slab." When using DH's Android (?) I end up just swearing at the damn thing because I really don't get how people can talk on those shitty things.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I had to be dragged into the touch screen phone era kicking and screaming. I did not see the point. All I need my phone for is texting and calling. I could do that with my five year old Blackberry. AND I did not have to spend money buying a new phone, when the one I had still worked perfectly. 

It is not about being poor or lazy. It is about not feeling the need to spend money upgrading just because.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM
8 moms liked this
Also, there are plenty of poor people who DO have smart phones. So the phone doesn't always indicate whether someone is doing well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM

my ex has a wad of cash because he uses things until they no longer work

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have a tracfone and no desire to get a iphone. We are cheap, and I'm not really sure how we would afford an iphone. I just have no desire for it. I told my DH someday we are going to have to get with the times and suck it up. they do have a lot of cool stuff on them lol.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Who cares. We are by no means poor and we have standard phones. We chose to spend our money elsewhere, that's all.

deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Ah maybe some people don't see those phones so important to have ....does not mean they are poor or lazy . they probably using their money on things they actually need instead of buying an expensive iPhone or smartphone ...so who cares
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I have an iPhone and I can guarantee you I'm not rich.
I actually kinda hate it and want a regular phone.

Why does it bother you what kind of phone people have???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I know a guy who is pretty close to a millionaire... His dad (also has lots of money) has a razor.... Why because he does not need all the fancy apps n junk... So try again there woman
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)