Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got my daughters ears pierced at 3 months but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 460 Replies
Now my SO says we are not getting our other daughters ears pierced. (I'm 7 months pregnant) My daughter cried for less than a minute. She's 6 now and still has them in and loves earrings. I think it's cute and easier to do as infants instead of toddler or school age.

What do you say?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM
92 moms liked this

I dont think its cute. I think babies with earrings look ridiculous.  Im not doing my girls ears until they ask me.  

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM
12 moms liked this
I will never pierce a baby. Its dangerous and not ok imo. If they want earrings I'll wait until they ask and are old enouh to care for them
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I got my daughter's done around 3 or 4 months.  She cried for a minute, I gave her a bottle and all was good with the world again.  I wanted to do it while she was little and wouldn't mess with her ears.  They were just another part of her.  She's 11 now and she has SO many pairs of earrings, it's ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I won't allow it before 12-13, myself.

Oddy_Knocky
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM
My kids are older and for us, it's just part of the culture so it was automatic. If I had a daughter now, I'd wait.
Nutball3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM
My girl is 4 now and had hers done at 5mo. She loves her earrings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
We did our little girl right at home with a babies first ear piercing kit...she was a week old...I nursed while Dhaka did one ear and then I switched sides and he did the other ear....she never even cried
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Quoting svolkov: I will never pierce a baby. Its dangerous and not ok imo. If they want earrings I'll wait until they ask and are old enouh to care for them
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Yeah I sometimes have to borrow my daughters because she has SO many!

Quoting Anonymous:

I got my daughter's done around 3 or 4 months.  She cried for a minute, I gave her a bottle and all was good with the world again.  I wanted to do it while she was little and wouldn't mess with her ears.  They were just another part of her.  She's 11 now and she has SO many pairs of earrings, it's ridiculous.

cowboysgirl3227
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I would never have done my daughter's when she was a baby.  I waited until she wanted them, she asked for them at 8.  She was old enough to take care of them by then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured