Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He cheated and now divorce

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 196 Replies
1 mom liked this

Am I the only one who gets a bit sad when moms on here state that a mom who has been cheated on should divorce the man and move on? What happened to finding out why he cheated and working on the marriage? Of course this is not meant for habital cheaters. But people make mistakes.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:16 PM
21 moms liked this
Cheating isn't a mistake. Ppl set boundaries in the beginning of the relationship. If the spouse chooses to cross them, they know the consequences.
mom_dl6
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:16 PM

I agree totally and it's VERY sad that "Marriage" has become a giant joke to most people and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY too disposable.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have come close to cheating before. There was a problem in my marriage. I could have easily of gone ahead and cheated and then dealt with the consequences but I was fortunate enough to have a SIL who talked me through it and had me sit down and talk with my husband and fix my marriage. But not everyone is that lucky. It is easy to get caught up with feelings and not think.

Quoting sweetnsassymami: Cheating isn't a mistake. Ppl set boundaries in the beginning of the relationship. If the spouse chooses to cross them, they know the consequences.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:18 PM
9 moms liked this
I do not give a flying monkey fart the reasons to why my dh would cheat.... if he sleeps with another woman it is over. If he is not man enough to come to me with a problem he has in our marriage then I guess he is not the man I thought I married. My husband would be absolutely no use to me if he was not faithful.
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I do think a lot of women on here claim they would, or tell others to, leave their men over the small or large infractions. Marriage is hard work and should be valued. While cheating is never good I do think it is something that people can get past. Too many people these days treat marriage as something easily disposed of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
readyforhim
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:18 PM

it's a mistake when they get caught, the trust is gone...for me, there was nothing to try to save.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

THANK YOU!!!

Quoting mom_dl6:

I agree totally and it's VERY sad that "Marriage" has become a giant joke to most people and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY too disposable.  

mom_dl6
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I agree with you...But why is the first answer (for the most part) Divorce i mean why not at least TRY to work it out instead of just saying DIVORCE?  

Quoting sweetnsassymami: Cheating isn't a mistake. Ppl set boundaries in the beginning of the relationship. If the spouse chooses to cross them, they know the consequences.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Who cares why he cheated? it will never change the fact that he did. I have a zero tolerance for cheating. 

Schools have a zero tolerance for weapons. A kid brings one in the school, that kid gets expelled. 

A man cheats, he gets expelled. hahahaha.....

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Whatever floats. I stayed with a cheater and I didn't work. You never truly get trust back and it's not worth it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured