Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Its been 8 years get over it already!"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies

I have been having nightmares continuously lately. I was in a very abusive relationship and was lucky I got out alive honestly. When I met my current DH i was still very nervous of men. Everytime he moved his hands quickly I flintched and he was very understanding at the time. I had nightmares for years and after about 5 years the nightmares didnt stop but were not as frequent. I was able to deal with the nightmares because they werent as frequent. About 2 weeks ago I started having nightmares every night. I would wake up crying or screaming. Break out in sweats and it is just horrific. I didn;t really want to tell DH what my nightmares were about but he kept pushing so I finally told him and his response was "Its been 8 years get over it already hes not coming back" I guess I can understand his frustration and I don't know why this is happening. Can anyone maybe give me some insight maybe someone who has been through something similar.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM
9 moms liked this
You would probably benefit from some counseling to work out the unresolved issues. It doesn't sound like there's been any closure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM
6 moms liked this
Ptsd.... it doesn't just go away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I agree with him. Knock it off already. You are choosing to be stuck in the past. let it go, move on, enjoy your life. OR you can act like a crazy person and drive your DH away at some point. Your choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM
You need therapy and work through your issues.
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM
What a dick! Jeesh. It's not like you can control what you dream about.
👆that's exactly what I would have said too.

Yeah. I would recommend getting some help to deal with what's going on. I'm sorry you're going through this.
catcameback
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Sounds like PTSD, I'd go to the doctor hun, it's really common for people who experienced domestic violence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM
I agree with dh.
MaskedMomma
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I've been there too, its been almost five years since I got out, I find that my ptsd and the nightmares are worse when im extra stressed.
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Have you been to counseling?
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Have you gotten counseling?  You need help moving past it and I can understand his frustration if you have done nothing to get help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN