Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

according to my co-worker my husband is a "creep"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 438 Replies
6 moms liked this

I just want to see how many of you ladies would agree with my co-worker or with me. Honestly, I think that she is ridiculous but what do I know? We recently became parents, we have been in the process of adopting for several years and FINALLY our dreams came true in December of 2013 (just two months ago) we brought home our 2 year old daughter, Savannah Mercy who we love more than anything in life. I was talking to my co-worker today (I have worked in this office since 2008 and she is a good friend) telling her that Savannah woke up at 2am this morning from a terrible nightmare and she only wanted daddy. So my husband went in there and calmed her down until she was able to go back to sleep but every time he tried to leave she would wake up so he stayed in the chair next to her bed until it was time for him to go to work at 5am.

I thought it was precious because I worried about how well they would bond and it appears I have nothing to worry about. However, this lady said that he was "a creep" because what kind of dad just stays awake staring at his kid until 5am? I explained that she is easily frightened and needs extra TLC while she makes this adjustment into a regular family. She still says that it's weird.

He does this often if she wants or needs his presence. She clings to me during the day but as soon as it's bedtime she is a daddy's girl. Is she overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
22 moms liked this
This post is so ridiculous.
Moonbabylove
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM
114 moms liked this
Sounds like co-worker is a bitch and needs to keep her mouth shut. Sounds like a loving father to me.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM
8 moms liked this
I do it with my 3 year old on a regular basis. Sometime i just sneak in both my kids rooms to watch them sleep. Mind you they are 2 and 3. So if that makes your dh a creeper i guess so am i. I dont think so tho.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM
17 moms liked this
She thinks a good dad is creepy? Weird.
BAMFSFW
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM
19 moms liked this

I would never speak to that coworker @ my personal life again if she called my DH that. 

catcameback
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM
7 moms liked this

He sounds like a regular dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Obviously I agree that he is a wonderful father, if I felt there was something wrong with it I would not let it keep happening. I just know that some people feel differently about it than we do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
49 moms liked this
*sigh* obviously he didn't stay awake for hours staring at his daughter. DUH! And not all men are pedophiles, creeps or whatever. This is stupid.

And stop sharing information with her. Messy people like that can cause a lot of unnecessary problems. All you need is for her to go back and tell a twisted story and CPS is at the door.
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
15 moms liked this

Id say your coworker is an idiot. I assume that the child you adopted wasnt a newborn and would expect an adopted child to have attachment issues and cling to whatever makes her comfortable. 

Chandra314
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Is your coworker a mom?
Is she married?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)