Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

according to my co-worker my husband is a "creep"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just want to see how many of you ladies would agree with my co-worker or with me. Honestly, I think that she is ridiculous but what do I know? We recently became parents, we have been in the process of adopting for several years and FINALLY our dreams came true in December of 2013 (just two months ago) we brought home our 2 year old daughter, Savannah Mercy who we love more than anything in life. I was talking to my co-worker today (I have worked in this office since 2008 and she is a good friend) telling her that Savannah woke up at 2am this morning from a terrible nightmare and she only wanted daddy. So my husband went in there and calmed her down until she was able to go back to sleep but every time he tried to leave she would wake up so he stayed in the chair next to her bed until it was time for him to go to work at 5am.

I thought it was precious because I worried about how well they would bond and it appears I have nothing to worry about. However, this lady said that he was "a creep" because what kind of dad just stays awake staring at his kid until 5am? I explained that she is easily frightened and needs extra TLC while she makes this adjustment into a regular family. She still says that it's weird.

He does this often if she wants or needs his presence. She clings to me during the day but as soon as it's bedtime she is a daddy's girl. Is she overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Your coworker needs to mind her own.

She's 2 and she's just been adopted into a new family...of course she's going to need some extra comforting. Your DH isn't a creep, he's just a loving father. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Awww that sounds so sweet. He's going to make a great daddy ;).

Your coworker must not have kids. She sounds like she knows nothing about parenthood.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
6 moms liked this
Your co-worker is an idiot.
ElevenEleven
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Your co worker is either a dumbass or not a parent...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to you on your daughter and wonderful caring husband/daddy....your co worker is crazy. Enjoy every minute of your blessing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM
5 moms liked this
Why is that creepy? I love watching my kids sleep. They're so angelic while sleeping. I forget what terrors they are while awake.
She sounds creepy. Things like that are only creepy to people who have warped minds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous: *sigh* obviously he didn't stay awake for hours staring at his daughter. DUH! And not all men are pedophiles, creeps or whatever. This is stupid.

And stop sharing information with her. Messy people like that can cause a lot of unnecessary problems. All you need is for her to go back and tell a twisted story and CPS is at the door.

He didn't sleep according to him he answered e-mails on his iPad and did work on his laptop. It's not an unusual occurrence.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

She is the one that is wrong. Your dh is a good Daddy. Ignore her, she is either childless or jealous because her child's daddy wouldn't do such.  

Jenniy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Your coworker is an idiot

nellyoleson
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM
5 moms liked this

according to me, your coworker is an asswipe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)