Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

according to my co-worker my husband is a "creep"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just want to see how many of you ladies would agree with my co-worker or with me. Honestly, I think that she is ridiculous but what do I know? We recently became parents, we have been in the process of adopting for several years and FINALLY our dreams came true in December of 2013 (just two months ago) we brought home our 2 year old daughter, Savannah Mercy who we love more than anything in life. I was talking to my co-worker today (I have worked in this office since 2008 and she is a good friend) telling her that Savannah woke up at 2am this morning from a terrible nightmare and she only wanted daddy. So my husband went in there and calmed her down until she was able to go back to sleep but every time he tried to leave she would wake up so he stayed in the chair next to her bed until it was time for him to go to work at 5am.

I thought it was precious because I worried about how well they would bond and it appears I have nothing to worry about. However, this lady said that he was "a creep" because what kind of dad just stays awake staring at his kid until 5am? I explained that she is easily frightened and needs extra TLC while she makes this adjustment into a regular family. She still says that it's weird.

He does this often if she wants or needs his presence. She clings to me during the day but as soon as it's bedtime she is a daddy's girl. Is she overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Your co worker is an idiot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

She is the one that is wrong. Your dh is a good Daddy. Ignore her, she is either childless or jealous because her child's daddy wouldn't do such.  

She has two children who are older than my daughter and she's been married for a long time. She is in her late 40s/early 50s and from what I see he's a good dad. He brings the kids up to the office after school every day. I just think her view is a little off.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM

How is a father comforting his child weird? She's crazy, tell her to shove it LOL.

HOTMOMMY2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Wow how sweet. Not too many men would give up sleep to sit up and watch a child sleep so they felt safe. He's such a good Dad. Your Co-worker sounds a bit UM slow or maybe she thinks that only the Mommy should parent and be there for the child. I'd just ignore her she needs to talk to someone about what it means to be a creepy daddy.

alyssa1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Not creepy
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

Your co-worker is a dumbass and you need to stop telling her personal things. When my dd needs regular stuff like food she comes to me, when she is scared it's always Daddy. There is nothing wrong in him letting your adopted child know she is protected and loved, in fact I think it's crucial for the bonding process and for her own possible issues later.

Probably right. I have known her for six years and we see each other outside of work so it's not exactly just a strictly working relationship that's why I even considered telling her about it in the first place.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Not creepy.
paigea
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Your co-worker is weird.  Don't share stuff with her anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Omg really? I'm assuming your husband fell asleep a few times while sitting in the chair, I mean if he really was staring at her all night long, yeah I can see how that would come off as creepy, but it sounds like your co-worker is really over reaching on this one.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Don't share any more stories with this person. Some people aren't intelligent enough to think outside of themselves and what they find normal. You're on Cafe Mom...you should know that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)