Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

according to my co-worker my husband is a "creep"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just want to see how many of you ladies would agree with my co-worker or with me. Honestly, I think that she is ridiculous but what do I know? We recently became parents, we have been in the process of adopting for several years and FINALLY our dreams came true in December of 2013 (just two months ago) we brought home our 2 year old daughter, Savannah Mercy who we love more than anything in life. I was talking to my co-worker today (I have worked in this office since 2008 and she is a good friend) telling her that Savannah woke up at 2am this morning from a terrible nightmare and she only wanted daddy. So my husband went in there and calmed her down until she was able to go back to sleep but every time he tried to leave she would wake up so he stayed in the chair next to her bed until it was time for him to go to work at 5am.

I thought it was precious because I worried about how well they would bond and it appears I have nothing to worry about. However, this lady said that he was "a creep" because what kind of dad just stays awake staring at his kid until 5am? I explained that she is easily frightened and needs extra TLC while she makes this adjustment into a regular family. She still says that it's weird.

He does this often if she wants or needs his presence. She clings to me during the day but as soon as it's bedtime she is a daddy's girl. Is she overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Sounds like she's the creepy one.
Jacqalyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Your dh is far from a creep, instead he sounds like an awesome dad.
Your co worker on the other hand is an idiot.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM

yes,,,she is nuts

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Thelmama:

She is the one that is wrong. Your dh is a good Daddy. Ignore her, she is either childless or jealous because her child's daddy wouldn't do such.  

She has two children who are older than my daughter and she's been married for a long time. She is in her late 40s/early 50s and from what I see he's a good dad. He brings the kids up to the office after school every day. I just think her view is a little off.

LadyIQ
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Your husband is not a creep. Your co-worker has issues. Do not bring personal life into the work place. Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Quoting jamamama00:

Don't share any more stories with this person. Some people aren't intelligent enough to think outside of themselves and what they find normal. You're on Cafe Mom...you should know that.

Obviously I wont. We have been friends since I began working here in 2008 so I felt it was safe to share this. She was there through the entire adoption process, she came to the party that our boss threw us to welcome Savannah into our family so she isn't just a random lady at work.

I wont tell her anything else thats for sure.

MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Apparently my father was a creep then.  I had colic and my mother said my dad would walk the floor with me at night.  She said in the morning she'd find us both asleep in an armchair and wonder how I didn't fall on the floor.

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Your coworker is a nutter
julie515
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM
She is wierd. My daughter is the opposite. Daddy's girl during the day bhai ut wants mommy's cuddles at night. However I work nights so she gets as many cuddles as she can before i leave. But it is sweet. I would set up a bed in her room so if she has jightmares someone can sleep in there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:07 PM
I'm sorry but this so called friend is the creep . I have two sisters and 2 brother and all three of us girls are daddy's girls to this day I'm 37 , Mary is 29 and Melissa is 44 . My dad was that kind of dad . Bless you both for bring a sweet lil girl how and loving her .
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM

She needs to shut her fucking face! That little kid has been through who knows what in her short two years and a parent makes their child feel secure, if that means sitting next to the childs bed till 5 am then thats what it means. You're husband seems lieka loving dad and your coworker is a moron. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)