Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

according to my co-worker my husband is a "creep"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just want to see how many of you ladies would agree with my co-worker or with me. Honestly, I think that she is ridiculous but what do I know? We recently became parents, we have been in the process of adopting for several years and FINALLY our dreams came true in December of 2013 (just two months ago) we brought home our 2 year old daughter, Savannah Mercy who we love more than anything in life. I was talking to my co-worker today (I have worked in this office since 2008 and she is a good friend) telling her that Savannah woke up at 2am this morning from a terrible nightmare and she only wanted daddy. So my husband went in there and calmed her down until she was able to go back to sleep but every time he tried to leave she would wake up so he stayed in the chair next to her bed until it was time for him to go to work at 5am.

I thought it was precious because I worried about how well they would bond and it appears I have nothing to worry about. However, this lady said that he was "a creep" because what kind of dad just stays awake staring at his kid until 5am? I explained that she is easily frightened and needs extra TLC while she makes this adjustment into a regular family. She still says that it's weird.

He does this often if she wants or needs his presence. She clings to me during the day but as soon as it's bedtime she is a daddy's girl. Is she overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Replies (431-438):
Jbinluvbtx3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM
She is retarded. You are right your daughter is adjusting and needs familiarity to do so
Be happy he was in there with her making sure she was ok I'm lucky to have a husband that does things like that too and I am greatful because it is a huge help and also bonding without son
I hope everything goes well and I am soo happy for you
Congratulations and enjoy every moment😊😊😊😊
Diane1223
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Sounds like a co worker of mine.  No, your husband is being an awesome father.  I would voice to your co worker, that he is just making sure that she doesn't have anymore nightmares. 

kstchr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Your hubby sounds like a wonderful dad who loves and cares for your new little girl!  Your coworker apparently has other issues and is projecting onto your DH. I have heard it's common for foster or newly adopted kids to have some difficulties with trust, attachment, etc. at first. If you stop to think about it, it's only natural to need a little "extra" to feel secure in a new place. Who knows what they've experienced in their short lives before coming to a good home with loving parents?  I'll bet once she's convinced herself you guys will be there for her, she'll get less clingy. It's only been 2 months...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Sounds like he's being an awesome daddy and putting your daughters needs first. Your little girl is still adjusting to her new family and is probably having nightmares. Nobody knows what she had gone through. She probably just needs to be reassured that you are still there so I think it's great that daddy is in the room with her if she needs him.
Sexymom22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Sounds like maybe she had some bad experiences in her life. As far as  I can tell its not creepy at all, you just adopted the little girl, and maybe she needs the compfort of knowing someone is their with her. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Would your coworker think it was creepy if you were doing it? He is just being a good dad.

FutureCooper118
by Kylie on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Is it creepy for any dad to do that or just because it's not biological? I think that's rude and mean. He was being a good dad!

MilkFactory365
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 8:32 AM
I stated all that in my post it was kinda hidden though. To reiterate... There is a stigma with adoption, creepers all rtoo often related, daughter being the one demanding the attention. Her behaviour is what I am basing my opinion on if he was forcing her to spend time with him or she was trying to get anyone else to be with them so they were not alone then my post would be MUCH different.

Quoting Veggiemummy: So I get what your saying but the fact is, it is usually the biological father that is abusing their child sexually rather hen someone else. The percentages differ greatly.

Quoting MilkFactory365: Now first of all I would just like to say that I can see where she is coming from being that he is not the girl's biological father and many people COULD find that creepy. That being said I believe that what your husband is doing is endearing and your bond with your new daughter is evident because of your anecdote. Daddys do watch over their children and it is to protect them and I believe that if she was a bio child your "friend" would not have a problem with this affection. There is a stigma with people and adoption, if they have never been privvy to it they can not understand that the love of a parent to a child is the same biological or not. Now there are some creepers out there that have been related to the child they prey on, all too often as a matter of fact. However just the fact that your daughter is the one demanding the together time and not trying to get out of any alone time very much supports the fact that your husband is an excellent father, you should be very proud that the man you married is one of the good guys.
TrinitaSimmons
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Sounds like a good dad to me. She's the creep for thinking that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)