Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BM is seriously mad that I picked up her child from school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 497 Replies

My stepdaughter was sick this morning at school. She had a fever of 101 and was supposedly miserable. BM was called but couldn't get off work. She told the school to hold her in the nurses office and let her ride the bus home

DH told me to go and get her if I had time. So I drove down and got her (school is 45 mins from my house) and brought her to my house. It has now started snowing here and we're in for the night as people are getting stuck on the roads. 

BM is pissed I got DD and didn't let her ride the bus home because now DD can't be with her over her birthday tomorrow (BMS birthday not the kids).

I'm sorry, but if I was sick I wouldn't want to sit in the nurses office uncomfortable for hours. Not to mention the school doesn't give the kids medicine to ease any pain/discomfort. I thought I was doing her a favor...

BTW: I have been stepmom since she was 2 (now 8). I am on the list to pick up and typically pick up every Thursday (DH's days) because DH gets off at 4pm and school is out at 3). 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:16 PM
You should have stayed in town if you had known the weather was bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:18 PM
28 moms liked this

I would have went and got her too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM
13 moms liked this

Sick kids don't need to be riding the bus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I'd be pissed as hell if I couldn't spend my daughter's birthday with her,.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah ok but hey! I would have been mad too, she could have slept and went home to her mom that would have taken care of her. Now she's stuck with you and her mom is probably worried sick.
Give her a little bit of understanding here even though you did what touch thought was the best solution.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be pissed as hell if I couldn't spend my daughter's birthday with her,.

Its her moms birthday not the kids. 

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Why didn't you stay in the area to allow her to have her this evening and tomorrow? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Thats a tough one. What did you DH say? And maybe it would have been best if you had called BM first. You may not agree with her decision but ultimately she is still her mother. And schools can give kids medicine if they have a signed letter of consent
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:22 PM
23 moms liked this

Bm sounds a little selfish.  She sould be happy her dd has a sm caring enough to take care of her child if she can't/won't. I would let dh deal with bm. Also most schools don't like for sick kids to stay at school unless it is almost time for school to be out anyway.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:22 PM
18 moms liked this

Quoting sheramom4:

Why didn't you stay in the area to allow her to have her this evening and tomorrow? 

Where would I stay? I live 45 minutes away and I had a sick child. I wasn't going to tote the kid to the mall or something for 4-5 hours. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)