Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If my son wants Hello Kitty bedding, by golly thats what he is getting!! **EDIT**

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:45 AM
  • 268 Replies
14 moms liked this

My 6 yr old loves all things girls, as well as all things boyish. He has been begging for Hello Kitty bedding for months now, the problem is he shares a room and a bed (they sleep in a queen bed, it was their choice to get rid of the bunks, my girls do the same thing) with  my almost 15 yr old son. My girls came up with a plan. If I get them the twin/full bunks, he could have the top and they could all do the Hello Kitty theme. My husband told me to go for it, so now we are on the lookout for a twin/full bunk for the girls room.

Many moms will cringe, but we feel allowing our kids to have choices like this allows for better and more sensitive adults.

This is Braden

The kids decided to go with a zebra print theme and then add Hello Kitty accents, we will be getting the stuff over the next month, my older son wants Minecraft, so if Braden chooses to switch back to his room he likes that theme also:)

Something like this

with this

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Sounds great!
diaperstodating
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Bump
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this
My dd had a complete Thomas the train a bedroom from age 4 to 8.
For Christmas she received all the makings for a Skylander bedroom....
I have no problem with it :)
supercarp
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM
5 moms liked this

Good for you. You are doing your best to raise an emotionally healthy kid. My oldest girl hated dolls. We were never stuck in the "girl's things" or "boy's things" rut.

nana776
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I say go for it!!! He's a handsome young man.

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Sounds like a good plan.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM
4 moms liked this

Eh, 

I would not do it,  just be ready to change it when he is over the girly thing.

I would go over all the options.  I think a neutral theme would be best for all if they are all sharing beds and such. I honestly think they should all have their own bed, but that is me.  I guess as long as the blankets are warm then it does not really matter that much what they look like.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM

The option would be to go back to his own room with his brother, not an issue, my kids rooms are their own sanctuaries, my kids are close and if it was up to them all 4 would share a room lol They had their own beds until a few months ago when they all came to me and told me that the top bunks were obsolete since they always fall asleep in the same bed, we decided to just switch them to bigger beds.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh, 

I would not do that,  just be ready to change it when he is over the girly thing.

I would go over all the options.  I think a neutral theme would be best for all if they are all sharing beds and such. I honestly think they should all have their own bed, but that is me.  I guess as long as the blankets are warm then it does not really matter that much what they look like.

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't really think it's going to make him more sensitive but I don't see the harm. I agree with the poster who said that he'll probably get over it before too long and want different bedding but I guess you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

b0bbied0ll
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
My middle son's favorite color is pink and he is almost 10. He recently broke his hand and even chose a hot pink cast. I say do what makes him happy :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)